Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate

This thread is closed

andywhoa
andywhoa

3 Credits 4 Posts
I'm interested in the algorithm for producing that score.
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 251 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
I could tell you.....

But I don't have time to explain why there's no time to explain.
andywhoa
andywhoa

3 Credits 4 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Could you release it in a paid expansion pack just a few weeks later?
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 251 Posts
Lol glad you got the reference.

As for the formula, we keep that secret so people can't try to find some loophole and exploit it.
andywhoa
andywhoa

3 Credits 4 Posts
Fair enough. I'm just interested because I don't find it terribly accurate based on who I play with, so I was trying to figure out why it is applying the rating it is. I do quite a bit more objective completing at a higher KDR than some people I play with, and still have a lower rating.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
andywhoa said:Fair enough. I'm just interested because I don't find it terribly accurate based on who I play with, so I was trying to figure out why it is applying the rating it is. I do quite a bit more objective completing at a higher KDR than some people I play with, and still have a lower rating.
\

DTR Score is actually our in house formula. Combat Rating is pulled from bungie.net, so that one is their own formula which we dont have the details on.
andywhoa
andywhoa

3 Credits 4 Posts
I'm seeing the same problem with the DTR score, but I think I know what's up. I'm a hunter. Everyone is a hunter. So I'm not going to be ranked super high in games played, etc. amongst hunters. Whereas, some of my friends are lesser-played classes, so they're able to rank higher in those areas within their class. I suspect you're taking class ranking into account because I see no other way my score could be lower than some of my friends.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
andywhoa said:I'm seeing the same problem with the DTR score, but I think I know what's up. I'm a hunter. Everyone is a hunter. So I'm not going to be ranked super high in games played, etc. amongst hunters. Whereas, some of my friends are lesser-played classes, so they're able to rank higher in those areas within their class. I suspect you're taking class ranking into account because I see no other way my score could be lower than some of my friends.

That is true if you are only looking at the Leaderboards for a specific class, but if you are looking at the overall LB's that include all classes, that wouldn't apply.
Not to go too in depth, but there are some cumulative numbers included in the formula meaning it isn't all averages. As to which specific stats that applies to, I cannot say. But, if you're friends have a lot more pvp games played than you, that MAY explain it. If you would like, send me a PM with your GT / PSN ID and a sample of one or two of your friends GT's / ID's and I can take a look just to see if its a bug issue or not. Thanks!
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
I can assure you that DTR score does not account for what class you choose to play as. Our DTR score intends to be used as a long term guideline for you and your friends (and leaderboard boasting). Since it's not based on averages, you will see discrepancies between your Bungie-calculated combat score (which I believe is based on averages) and our site score.
L0ELIIFE
L0ELIIFE

3 Credits 2 Posts
How can you tell whether or not you have a great combat rating?
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
L0ELIIFE said:How can you tell whether or not you have a great combat rating?

It's on your stats page towards the top in the character box.
Yin
Yin

311 Credits 336 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received

I would gauge combat rating based on the leaderboard. From the looks of things, I would say anything above 150 is pretty good; those with 200 (or close to it) are likely top tier (or boosters).
L0ELIIFE
L0ELIIFE

3 Credits 2 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Darkened Night said:

I would gauge combat rating based on the leaderboard. From the looks of things, I would say anything above 150 is pretty good; those with 200 (or close to it) are likely top tier (or boosters).

Thanks Night. That answers my question. B^J

This thread is closed