Destiny 2 Tracker Network
ILOGAIN
ILOGAIN

7 Credits 11 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Like do we need a full set (assuming we do not have an exotic on) to actually hit level 30? I just did my first attempt and got the legendary titan mark as well as the Kabr's Wrath from the Golden Vex set. I really like my Raku Crucible helmet and do not really want to get rid of it
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
You need a full Raid set to hit level 30. Level 30 requires 120 Light; Raid Legendaries max out at 30 light, as do Excotics. Regular Legendaries only max at 27. You need 3 Raid Legendaries + an Exotic, or 4 Raid Legendaries.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
5 Credit(s) Received
That actually kinda' sucks that you can't hit 30 without getting lucky drops in the raid
edge
edge

329 Credits 395 Posts
katkikr said:That actually kinda' sucks that you can't hit 30 without getting lucky drops in the raid

agreed

Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
Also, everybody will look identical +/- one piece of exotic armor and a shader. Pretty lame.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
5 Credit(s) Received
katkikr said:That actually kinda' sucks that you can't hit 30 without getting lucky drops in the raid

edge said:agreed

Uh, guys, you do realize that the maximum level cap in this game is 20 and that Light Level is simply Destiny's form of a gear score, right? I'm not sure what to tell you but welcome to MMOs?

Bane of Belial said:Also, everybody will look identical +/- one piece of exotic armor and a shader. Pretty lame.

With any luck we will have a transmog system in the future, much like WoW introduced.
TigBits
TigBits

0 Credits 1 Posts
Yeah was gonna say, MMOs in general - welcome to the Luck system - At least we dont have to worry about Need/Greed....
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
Wurm said:Uh, guys, you do realize that the maximum level cap in this game is 20 and that Light Level is simply Destiny's form of a gear score, right? I'm not sure what to tell you but welcome to MMOs?

With any luck we will have a transmog system in the future, much like WoW introduced.

Increasing your light level increases your damage output, and your armor, and other stats. It works the same way as the normal levels that are increased via XP, it just changes based on your armor instead of XP.

And there are lots of changes that could happen to make the game better. The fact remains that they aren't here yet, and ALL level 30s of the same class will look more or less identical.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
Isn't there also crucible and faction gear that reaches higher level potentials which would allow for more diversity in characters?
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
katkikr said:Isn't there also crucible and faction gear that reaches higher level potentials which would allow for more diversity in characters?

Only Exotics and Raid Legendaries can achieve 30 Light.

Bane of Belial said:
Increasing your light level increases your damage output, and your armor, and other stats. It works the same way as the normal levels that are increased via XP, it just changes based on your armor instead of XP.

Yes. Which is exactly what Gear Score is in any MMO. Light Level = Gear Score. Max level in this game is 20. Your Light Level (Gear Score) can hit 30. It's same way in WoW. Hit level 90. After that, you only improve via your Gear Score. Higher gear score = more damage resistance and more out going damage, because higher gear score items have higher stats.
edge
edge

329 Credits 395 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Wurm said:
I'm not sure what to tell you but welcome to MMOs?

i'm just used to playing normal FPS's and this is probably my 1st ever mmo so "welcome to mmo's" is appropriate hah!
Jason Hertzog
Jason Hertzog

9 Credits 19 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
TigBits said:Yeah was gonna say, MMOs in general - welcome to the Luck system - At least we dont have to worry about Need/Greed....

Below is my opinion in regards to this statement and thread overall. Please don't start an argument or anything like that. Constructive responses are preferred!

I both agree and disagree.
The MMO element can obviously help me understand that luck plays a big part. However, without trading, luck becomes an overwhelmingly big part. For instance, armor drops on other MMO's are awesome and rare. That' good! The unlucky players now must trade the lucky player, who may have already had one. So, in Destiny where trading is non-existent, luck now plays an almost unfair role. This of course is just my opinion, and I'm a huge fan of MMO's so I totally get where this game stands in terms of rareness. I just think that if you're going to make super rare items exist, at least have a way for the less fortunate to obtain them (even though the price of said item might be so high, you might as well try and get it yourself).
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Jason Hertzog said:
TigBits said:Yeah was gonna say, MMOs in general - welcome to the Luck system - At least we dont have to worry about Need/Greed....

Below is my opinion in regards to this statement and thread overall. Please don't start an argument or anything like that. Constructive responses are preferred!

The MMO element can obviously help me understand that luck plays a big part. However, without trading, luck becomes an overwhelmingly big part. For instance, armor drops on other MMO's are awesome and rare. That' good! The unlucky players now must trade the lucky player, who may have already had one. So, in Destiny where trading is non-existent, luck now plays an almost unfair role. This of course is just my opinion, and I'm a huge fan of MMO's so I totally get where this game stands in terms of rareness. I just think that if you're going to make super rare items exist, at least have a way for the less fortunate to obtain them (even though the price of said item might be so high, you might as well try and get it yourself).

Soulbound items nullify your trading argument.
Jason Hertzog
Jason Hertzog

9 Credits 19 Posts
Wurm said:
Jason Hertzog said:

Depending on the MMO, if you never equip them you can trade them. Reviving what I said about players who already have the item in question. I do have to admit that you are right about that though. So good point!
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Jason Hertzog said:
Wurm said:
Jason Hertzog said:

Depending on the MMO, if you never equip them you can trade them. Reviving what I said about players who already have the item in question. I do have to admit that you are right about that though. So good point!

You're talking about BoE (Bind on Equip) items, which are (generally speaking) never the BiS (Best in Slot) items for characters. Soulbound items are (generally speaking) always BiS.

Soulbound items being BiS ensures that a player has to be able to complete the content that drops it in order to obtain it. Whether that is better than being able to trade BiS items to other players or not is a different discussion. That being said, for as long as I can remember, BiS items have almost always certainly been Soulbound.
SNIPE4LIFE18
SNIPE4LIFE18

0 Credits 4 Posts
All i got to say on the raid gear is the drop rate sucks and it makes me mad when i go 3 weeks on 3 toons and get nothing but shards. On a side note tho the raid needs a ending cut seen i mean all that work and rage inducing loot drops for nothing. Also im looking for people on Xbox 360 to join me in finding a surefire way to beat the final boss,if you are interested you can pm me on here or send me a message on xbox and ill add you.
FRYMEN
FRYMEN

16 Credits 35 Posts
This is all new to me... but I still love it. Challenge accepted.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
SNIPE4LIFE18 said:All i got to say on the raid gear is the drop rate sucks and it makes me mad when i go 3 weeks on 3 toons and get nothing but shards. On a side note tho the raid needs a ending cut seen i mean all that work and rage inducing loot drops for nothing. Also im looking for people on Xbox 360 to join me in finding a surefire way to beat the final boss,if you are interested you can pm me on here or send me a message on xbox and ill add you.

You shouldn't be able to be fully geared immediately unless you get extremely lucky.
Jason Hertzog
Jason Hertzog

9 Credits 19 Posts
Wurm said:

You're talking about BoE (Bind on Equip) items, which are (generally speaking) never the BiS (Best in Slot) items for characters. Soulbound items are (generally speaking) always BiS.

Soulbound items being BiS ensures that a player has to be able to complete the content that drops it in order to obtain it. Whether that is better than being able to trade BiS items to other players or not is a different discussion. That being said, for as long as I can remember, BiS items have almost always certainly been Soulbound.

Honestly, I believe you just hit the nail on the head. You're right, and when looking at it like that I totally understand what you mean.