Destiny 2 Tracker Network
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
7 Credit(s) Received
Hello Guardians, today I thought I'd try something new and give my review of my new favorite weapon in the game. Now I know a lot of people are in love with the Suros Regime and with good reason, but the little beast that was my favorite, has now been replaced by what, at first, seemed like it should have been a downgrade (from exotic to legendary).

First, lets talk damage type. Instead of doing regular kinetic damage, the Epilogue does void damage. This means that, in general, it is particularly effective against a lot of the shielded enemy types you'll run into in the game. I had been under the impression that this was only against flame shielded enemies but it seems to hold true against anything with a shield that I've run into so far wielding it.

Second, magazine size. This little beast has a godlike magazine capacity of 70 rounds. I haven't seen another AR in this game to date that even comes close (this is basically the mag size of an LMG). So basically, I can put a lot more rounds down range before having to reload than I'll likely get used to for a while.

Thirdly, rate of fire. OMG this thing is a bullet hose. Not sure the numbers on this, but when you mash the trigger on this little abomination it unleashes a hail of ammunition that would make even the msot die-hard soldiers stop and gape in awe at its speed. The graph that demonstrates comparative stats shows the bar completely maxed and it sounds like an lmg on crack when you set it off.

Testing this thing out on level 28 enemies, I have to say it can shred pretty-much anything in a single magazine. I'm talking level 28 wizards, ascendant knights, whatever came at me was dead before I had to reload. Amazing rate of fire, amazing damage output, and absolutely a shield shredding hellbeast when it comes down to facing those annoying glowing nimbus things around higher level enemies.

Now, there are a couple down-sides to the weapon as well, although they aren't really all that big a problem.
1. With its rate of fire it can burn through your 70 rounds rather quickly so sometimes even with the 70 round mag, you have to be conscious of just how fast it shoots.
2. It does have more recoil than the other ar types I've tried and tends to try and skitter off-target when being fired. This is, however, a predictable recoil pattern that can be easily countered once you grow accustomed to it.

All in all, I have to give this weapon two thumbs way up. Its my new favorite shield-melting, face-shredding, hellstorm abomination on crack!
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
katkikr said:First, lets talk damage type. Instead of doing regular kinetic damage, the Epilogue does void damage. This means that, in general, it is particularly effective against a lot of the shielded enemy types you'll run into in the game. I had been under the impression that this was only against flame shielded enemies but it seems to hold true against anything with a shield that I've run into so far wielding it.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Void damage is still resisted by Solar and Arc shields; it is only not resisted by Void shields. This game uses a "fight fire with fire" mentality when it comes to shields. Arc against Arc, Solar against Solar, and Void against Void.

I imagine that while you are cutting through the other elemental shields just fine during a Normal or Heroic mission, that you would see an incredibly noticeable difference if you were to play with the Epic modifier on.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
Wurm-I was playing the nightfall mission on the highest difficulty, as well as the daily heroic mission to see how the weapon would perform. Any shielded cabal or hive enemy I came into contact with seemed to simply melt in front of this particular weapon. I don't know if its just the rate of fire or what, but it does seem to be highly effective against at least these two enemy types.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
katkikr said:Wurm-I was playing the nightfall mission on the highest difficulty, as well as the daily heroic mission to see how the weapon would perform. Any shielded cabal or hive enemy I came into contact with seemed to simply melt in front of this particular weapon. I don't know if its just the rate of fire or what, but it does seem to be highly effective against at least these two enemy types.

I'll hop into the Nightfall and play around with a Centurion for a bit and post my results.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
katkikr said:Wurm-I was playing the nightfall mission on the highest difficulty, as well as the daily heroic mission to see how the weapon would perform. Any shielded cabal or hive enemy I came into contact with seemed to simply melt in front of this particular weapon. I don't know if its just the rate of fire or what, but it does seem to be highly effective against at least these two enemy types.

Kat, I just jumped into the Nightfall to test the Epilogue against a Centurion. It took me damn near an entire magazine and a half to break its Solar shields and you can clearly see the RESISTS popups because you are hitting it with Void from the Epilogue and not Solar. I recorded the experience and if you would like you can friend me briefly so you can view it. I'm not sure how we're having different experiences but "melting" is not how I would describe the Epilogues performance against different Elemental shields.

For reference; I am Light Level 29 and my Epilogue is currently sitting at 267 Attack with the RED DOT-ORS, PERSISTENCE, PERFECT BALANCE, GLASS HALF FULL, and the ORACLE DISRUPTOR upgrades, as well as the two damage upgrades between all of that.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
Thanks for the info Wurm. If I'm wrong on it then its my mistake on that. When I was running it the thing seemed fairly OP against the cabal troops, even the shielded ones and maybe I was using more ammo than I thought or something for those tests. Thanks for testing and coming back with your results. I'll try the nightfall again tonight with it to see what I come up with as well, just to be sure. Still pissed that I got network booted halfway through it last night.

Thanks again for double-checking on this for me though.
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
Wurm is correct. Elemental effects only come into play against the shield color that it matches. Void = Purple shields, Arc = Blue shields, Solar = Orange/Red shields
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Katkikr, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this review! I think it was a really fun and interesting idea and the DTR forums need more of those. Good work.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
Wurm said:Katkikr, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this review! I think it was a really fun and interesting idea and the DTR forums need more of those. Good work.

Perhaps I should work one up for the Thunderlord (AKA: ThundaLawd).

Also, Wurm, you seem very knowledgeable of the game and MMO style games in general. Always like reading your posts.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
TheBigL said:
Wurm said:Katkikr, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this review! I think it was a really fun and interesting idea and the DTR forums need more of those. Good work.

Perhaps I should work one up for the Thunderlord (AKA: ThundaLawd).

Also, Wurm, you seem very knowledgeable of the game and MMO style games in general. Always like reading your posts.

I'd love to see a write up of Thunderlord. My buddy has it but I haven't had the chance to get my paws on it just yet.

Destiny has been my 9-5 since I picked her up and I really want to see the DTR community, and the Destiny community as a whole, thrive, so I'm doing what I can :].