Destiny 2 Tracker Network
H3LLGUAPO
H3LLGUAPO

0 Credits 1 Posts
Does Anyone Know where the Warmind Rasputin actually is on Planet Earth? I've Heard everything from we'll find him in a DLC and that he's available in the Vanilla Game. anyone have some Solid Advice?
xFaTaL1
xFaTaL1

3 Credits 17 Posts
Who is this guy? I know the refer to him on a mission on Mars, but thats all I heard.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
xFaTaL1 said:Who is this guy? I know the refer to him on a mission on Mars, but thats all I heard.

Warmind designed to help defend humanity against The Darkness. Think super advanced artificial intelligence. Something is making me think Rasputin is a female though. I think our Ghost may have mentioned it during the Earth mission, The Warmind.
Winterburner
Winterburner

0 Credits 2 Posts
If Rasputin is female, I cannot help thinking about our exo stranger friend.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
2 Credit(s) Received
Well, since Rasputin is an AI, and has taken over control of earth's defense systems, I think that Rasputin is less a character we'll run into than a computer program. There is also reference late of another war mind on either the moon or venus (don't remember which).
I do have another theory to go with this, however.
There seems likely to be a war mind on each planet.
There are 9 planets in the solar system
Xur is an agent of the 9
My theory, Xur works for the warminds, who collectively call themselves the 9. They obviously have access to a cache of very advanced weaponry and armor that was designed for use by humanoid warriors. War AI systems created to protect human planets before the collapse, could have access to such caches and even, possibly, buried vaults/manufacturing facilities that allow them to produce high-end equipment in small enough quantities to go unnoticed by the agents of the darkness, which they then send out via their agent to help the guardians recapture former human worlds. I also suspect that the stranger, our hot little robo-chick friend, is one of their agents as well. It seems that they have found a way to use the darkness itself against the enemy, much like the enemy was trying to use the traveller's light against humanity.

There you go.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
katkikr said:Well, since Rasputin is an AI, and has taken over control of earth's defense systems, I think that Rasputin is less a character we'll run into than a computer program. There is also reference late of another war mind on either the moon or venus (don't remember which).
I do have another theory to go with this, however.
There seems likely to be a war mind on each planet.
There are 9 planets in the solar system
Xur is an agent of the 9
My theory, Xur works for the warminds, who collectively call themselves the 9. They obviously have access to a cache of very advanced weaponry and armor that was designed for use by humanoid warriors. War AI systems created to protect human planets before the collapse, could have access to such caches and even, possibly, buried vaults/manufacturing facilities that allow them to produce high-end equipment in small enough quantities to go unnoticed by the agents of the darkness, which they then send out via their agent to help the guardians recapture former human worlds. I also suspect that the stranger, our hot little robo-chick friend, is one of their agents as well. It seems that they have found a way to use the darkness itself against the enemy, much like the enemy was trying to use the traveller's light against humanity.

There you go.

This could also explain why Xur disappears for a week; it could be to travel to the Warminds and collect goods.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
It would also explain how the agents of the nine (asssuming that chicky-bot is one) are able to get around the enemy races without being detected. Using the darkness to cloak themselves would make them much harder to detect to those influenced by it.
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
Warminds were built during the Golden Age for warfare purposes. There were 3 made:
Charlemagne
Rasputin
???

Rasputin controls earth and pars of the moon and he(it) is the last of the warminds. He speaks in pre-Golden Age Russian and is probably his voice that is speaking during the mission where you hack two radio antennae in the wrecked coastal area. There is also a bunker under built into the hill of the same area that contains two hollowed knights and a Celebrant of Oryx that is named Bunker RAS-2 which may allude to Rasputin. On the moon, he can be encountered during the beginning of the first mission where you hack into the console.

Charlamagne controls Mars and it kept inside of Charlemagne's Vault. You rescue a piece of Charlemagne during a mission on Mars. Charlemagne was presumed dead, however he may still be alive or reawakened.

We will likely see Charlemagne during the next raid (assuming Charlemagne's Vault) and if recent leaks are to be accurate, there will be a raid on Earth where we may see something of Rasputin
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
Its so hard to have theoretical discussions with people in possession of more information than you. lol
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Morarn said:Warminds were built during the Golden Age for warfare purposes. There were 3 made:
Charlemagne
Rasputin
???

Rasputin controls earth and pars of the moon and he(it) is the last of the warminds. He speaks in pre-Golden Age Russian and is probably his voice that is speaking during the mission where you hack two radio antennae in the wrecked coastal area. There is also a bunker under built into the hill of the same area that contains two hollowed knights and a Celebrant of Oryx that is named Bunker RAS-2 which may allude to Rasputin. On the moon, he can be encountered during the beginning of the first mission where you hack into the console.

Charlamagne controls Mars and it kept inside of Charlemagne's Vault. You rescue a piece of Charlemagne during a mission on Mars. Charlemagne was presumed dead, however he may still be alive or reawakened.

We will likely see Charlemagne during the next raid (assuming Charlemagne's Vault) and if recent leaks are to be accurate, there will be a raid on Earth where we may see something of Rasputin

Where did you read all of this?
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
In-game missions
Little bit of Google
some deductions and guesswork
however a lot of it is in the missions

the story is THERE, just not immediately given to you
Jason Hertzog
Jason Hertzog

9 Credits 19 Posts
Morarn said:
Little bit of Google

This made me laugh a lot, and I'm not sure why.

Yeah, this is an interesting topic. The hypothesis stated that Xur of the 9 works for the warminds is actually something I never even though of. Can't wait for the story to get filled in.