Destiny 2 Tracker Network
RhippiN
RhippiN

377 Credits 157 Posts
Join in progress = A system for matchmaking that allows you to join games that are already underway to balance teams

Sadly usually you join 19000 points down in control or even worse 2000 points down in rumble

Now first off let me say not everyone despises join in progress like i do; but for those who do here is how to avoid it.

- Searching solo makes this easier; thus i believe it's good for us FFA players
- While you're searching you will see a circle spinning in the top left corner
- When your game is found it will say either 'Starting' or 'Joining'
- If you see 'joining' you are 100% going to be joining a game that is underway already
- If you want to avoid this close the destiny app before the loading screen shows you entering the game

Sadly this means you have to re-load destiny and sign in which adds maybe 1-2 minutes ... but for me that is 100% worth it; i would happily search for 5 minutes more just to get a fresh game in FFA

I will be making a video on this later to explain more

My post on reddit

Why do you avoid these games?

Stats, stats & stats

I don't see why my win/loss ratio & so on should be utterly shafted because we cannot switch off what i find the worst feature of any modern FPS game.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Isn't the general consensus that you are not penalized in any way for leaving games (e.g. win loss ratio, ka/d ratios, etc)? Wouldn't merely leaving be easier, shorter, and simpler?
RhippiN
RhippiN

377 Credits 157 Posts

Nope; if you start the game your kills/assists/deaths per game drop loads.

Also you will obtain a loss (You rarely join the winning team; and never in ffa)
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
RippinHeads said:
Nope; if you start the game your kills/assists/deaths per game drop loads.

Also you will obtain a loss (You rarely join the winning team; and never in ffa)

Thank you for that clarification! It was much needed (:
Lord Davide
Lord Davide

0 Credits 2 Posts
i play on 360, am i supposed to go to dashboard when it says 'joining'?
i've tried that and it didn't seem to work, is there something i'm doing wrong?
i'm not 100% sure if it worked or not.
Really hope this works as i've just joined 3 games in a row all of them being over 1000 points down.