Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
10 Credit(s) Received
Before i start, this is a quick start guide to Sunsinger in PvP... Currently i have not played anywhere near enough PvE to warrent a guide on that. So please take note this will be based around PvP and the idea that i can convince you that Sunsinger is very viable in Crucible.

Column 1

Grenades

Grenades are difficult to state which one is "best", and in the end it will be personal opinion as to what one you take, but i can explain in a few areas what grenade is best for what.

Solar

This grenade is currently one of my favourites, and the one i have used the most. It has the potential to kill the most people, but also the ability to kill absolutely no one.

The damage it does can outright kill another player... 100% shielded to 0% health. The player has to stand around the grenade a lot, but in crucible you can very easily get 2-3 kills with this grenade nicely landed inside a zone. This makes it incredibly useful in control as a way to zone out of the capture point, or even hallways / corridors. ( As a side note, the damage it does when someone runs through it has been enough to save me near death from a 2nd player charging in for the kill )

However this grenade is very easily countered , a player will see your little mini-sun and walk away from it...or fight around around it, it is very hard to use this grenade if you know the enemy doesn't need to stand in a confined space for like 5 seconds.

Firebolt

This is a strange grenade and i think you have to use a few times to understand its usefulness, as it is the only grenade in our arsenal that doesn't outright kill an enemy . It will take a player from 100% to about 30%-ish (health range). However it has one key feature homing projectiles that will track around a corner and sink that kill you wanted.

Another key point of this grenade is the fact it is direct damage and not a DoT... predicting an enemy to be running in to salvage a probe? Launch a grenade into the area and then start running in to finish the kill, the enemy won't know what hit them (well they will in the killscreen..but you know what i'm saying).

This grenade suits aggressive play compared to defensive, and when in control i'll tend to stick with a solar grenade for its ability to zone out areas, i will happily admit that this grenade has been just as (if not more) useful in a few scenarios and i'm beginning to go over to this grenade more and more.

Fusion

This is currently my least favourite grenade, and i have used it very little as its only use is a single kill (typically). It has one amazing ability that a stick with this grenade will kill your target and it has a little extra aiming to help get those single hit kills. Even if your grenade misses and is by the feet of your enemy will the kill occur but they have to be rather close for that to actually occur without a stick.

If you are a player who is a little spiteful and loves postmortem medals, then this is the grenade for you. When it is up, it will arguably always cause your life to at least be 1:1 if you land a stick on your killer... But that is about it.

Column 2

Glide

When it comes to glide bonuses as dumb as it sounds, but it is basically what you prefer and what will suit your play style. I'd argue that focused control is the weakest of the three as it doesn't have a large effect. However between the other two it is simply personal preference.

Focused Control

The weakest of the three in my opinion, this gives extra directional control . Which i've never found to be an amazingly useful perk. But if this is what you are used to / like, there are no *real* benefits to choosing the other two.

Focused Burst

The other end of the spectrum to control. This is focused on giving you a little burst of movement in the direction you are traveling... useful for closing a gap or running away. The initial burst of speed can be useful for getting around, but don't forget you have decreased accuracy in the air ( unless you have angel of light ) so try to use it as movement / utility and not a combat closer like blink.

Balanced Glide

The happy middle between both glides, it has a little of each other glide in it, for a smaller burst and a little better control . So if you are unsure on which one to take you can simply choose this one as a middle ground.

Column 3

Radiance

When it comes to your super, i believe all the choices are viable in situations but Song of Flame is clearly the weakest of the three. On another note, whilst you are super-ed kills with abilities / bullets do not count as a "kill with super" so you cannot complete that bounty as a sunsinger.

Whilst radiance is activated, scorch hits 1.7 times harder. So say you previously hit for 1000, you'd now hit for 1700. This is a beautiful added extra that is not explained anywhere but its incredibly useful.

Song of Flame

Do not pick this ability , if you are a lone wolf this perk provides absolutely nothing for you. Even if you are with a team of friends and you can be around them to boost their cooldowns... in most cases it won't be as beneficial to them as you would benefit from decreased damage or a surprise zombie mode.

Radiant Skin

My personal favourite and i believe it to be a must have, but i will argue the weaknesses and benefits fairly. Its tooltip doesn't give much information, but with a bit of testing you find out that it gives 50% damage reduction which means that SUROS being aimed at you will take twice as many bullets to take you down, and that will give you time to get the kill first.

This damage reduction will not stop you getting killed by any degree, you are still easily ripped through. However paired with the solar or fusion grenades to help weaken enemies as they stride towards you makes you a killing machine and the reduction on scorch just makes you a beast to take down.

Fireborn

Another viable choice of sunsinger, and makes you a zombie (kind of)... But i personally don't rate this ability and slowly people have adapted to it. Once you die, you can come back to life, and have radiance active which means that guy who was left 1-shot will be an easy kill and let you move on to kill others.

I have read others arguing that they will come back wth radiance on a zone, just to throw grenades and get a few kills before dying again and save the zone. Personally i find the idea that your super becomes incredibly situational and only lends itself to "revive and fight for 5 seconds" in those situations it isn't a useful skill and i would argue it is better to choose radiant skin, but if you believe this is a good choice please use it and give me some examples where it has been incredibly useful and change my opinion.

On that note Fireborn revives, still mean your death is counted. So any bounties ".... without dying" even if you use fireborn, you have still died.

Column 4

Scorch

This beautiful melee ability will save your life more than once, and it also has an easy perk choice. Although it would be nice to have other viable choices that aren't incredibly situational. Also as stated in radiance this ability does 1.7 times the damage whilst radiant .

Flame Shield

The clear choice of melee perks , just hitting an enemy when this is active will cause yourself to get an extra shield. This will save your life so many times, and if you remember "oh my super is up" and melee the enemy first, you'll get your overshield and be able to sink your kill easier.

Solar Wind

Just no, this is not a useful skill. The only time this will be useful is if you think you are going to die and try and push the enemy back but they will most likely still have line of sight and just shoot for the kill. Never chose this skill

Brimstone

Only useful when fighting multiple enemies against yourself and in those situations you are most likely going to die, this ability is rarely going to be beneficial to yourself and is more likely to kill you trying to set up for an awesome 2 for 1 brimstone kill than ever give you a 2 for 1.

Column 5

Arcane...

Your choices here are between wisdom, spirit or force ... I honestly am under the opinion that recovery is the most important stat to gain in crucible, with agility second. So i would suggest wisdom, this will mean you recover your health/shield faster and can get around a map faster.

If i would say to not pick one, do not pick force... The armour benefit is so minimal and you've chosen agility over recovery. So you're missing out.

Column 6

Radiant Will

Increased duration of your super is an amazing ability, this will added another two seconds of radiance. Which will let you use another grenade or maybe 2 if you are really lucky.

Many people say this is an amazing thing to have, and i agree that it can benefit you a lot. However i tend to use radiant skin which means my super makes me stronger for specific times (like a point being capped really quickly by an enemy, so lots of enemies to grenade / take damage from) and this means i sit on my super ability and if you have chosen fireborn you will be sitting on your super a lot.

The best perk to choose, unless you have touch of flame... then its a close second.

Viking Funeral

The tooltip on this one is wrong, the tick does the same damage, but the burn lasts twice as long! So if you hit an enemy with scorch, they may tick for the same amount of damage but it'll be a longer burn and do 100% extra damage at the end, this also applies to burns applied through touch of flame.

Sunburst

Just no. Scorch will used mostly to gain a shield and not to sink the final blow in... Even then to lose out on 2 seconds of super for this weak ability would never be worth it. Just ignore this choice.

Column 7

... Order

Another choice between three... Ancestral, Chaos or Divine . Again as stated before i rate recovery > agility > over, so my choice here is Ancestral Order . It will benefit your recovery the most, with added agility and some armour. But again pick which ever one you wish as it isn't a huge game changer.

Column 8

Touch of Flame

If you don't have access to Gift of the Sun, always choose this perk , and if you have chosen this perk the viking funeral perk in column 6 becomes amazing. I have loved the DoT of solar damage on enemies... It stops them recovering any shield or health and a fair few times gets you a kill.

That makes this perk an amazing bonus and useful for a lot of lower level sunsingers, ( i ran sunsinger in crucible from level 2 ) so i have been in love with it for a long time, but the added grenade of Gift of the Sun is just too much extra damage and versatility to let go of, the extra grenade will always outdamage the burn.

Angel of Light

The day you want to be in the air and an easy target for longer... is the day you go 0.00, never pick this skill. It is no where near as useful as the other two.

People argue that in duels it can be used to get better line of sights, or suprise players... But in the end that is something that will happen maybe once a game... and not benefit you like the other skills.

Gift of The Sun

This has a catch, a hidden cooldown for the second grenade, not effected by strength CD reduction . Even with this surprise negative this skill is infallible compared to the others. Having two firebolt grenades at times means you can clear out control points with two grenades... and then keep moving, so you now have this ability to wipe out three people quickly (like a super) but you get two grenades every minute or so.

I have not found an argument / use for the other two over this skill. Always choose this.

Factions

Dead Orbit

If you follow my guide and have a similar play style to myself, i would always say Dead Orbit . In crucible as a sunsinger you want grenades and scorch up as much as possible and your super just reduces a cooldown on your abilities... so your super is "in essence" a lot of disc and str so how can you go wrong with dead orbit? You can't!

If you choose other factions, that's fine to. But i would say give the lack of a super / clear multiple enemies... your grenades are really important, so always get some disc and you can play defensive... or get some str and always play to have an overshield and a tanky as sunsinger.

Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
I don't play as a Sunsinger, and maybe that's the issue, but I really do not see how Fireborne is a viable option in the slightest. Can any users of this ability chime in with their reasoning in order to help me understand? It just feels severely outclassed by Radiant Skin.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Wurm said:I don't play as a Sunsinger, and maybe that's the issue, but I really do not see how Fireborne is a viable option in the slightest. Can any users of this ability chime in with their reasoning in order to help me understand? It just feels severely outclassed by Radiant Skin.

If you have left a few members one-shot or close to. You come back to life and pick up the pieces. It's a "surprise" button. But i don't rate it for PvP at all. PvE it is a god send at times, but in crucible... to thanks.

Another point is, come back to life. Help a teammate stay alive. your team + points, and their team doesn't get a nice 2 kills for easy points...etc
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Tyyger said:
Wurm said:I don't play as a Sunsinger, and maybe that's the issue, but I really do not see how Fireborne is a viable option in the slightest. Can any users of this ability chime in with their reasoning in order to help me understand? It just feels severely outclassed by Radiant Skin.

If you have left a few members one-shot or close to. You come back to life and pick up the pieces. It's a "surprise" button. But i don't rate it for PvP at all. PvE it is a god send at times, but in crucible... to thanks.

Another point is, come back to life. Help a teammate stay alive. your team + points, and their team doesn't get a nice 2 kills for easy points...etc

I can understand the appeal of it for PvE, but at the same time I feel like Fireborne merely incentives sloppy play and bad habits. Hunters and Titans don't have the luxury of reviving. While my Hard VoG experiences are somewhat lacking, I would be surprised if Sunslinger Warlocks were not the ones who died the most, overall, in VoG.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Wurm said:
Tyyger said:

I can understand the appeal of it for PvE, but at the same time I feel like Fireborne merely incentives sloppy play and bad habits. Hunters and Titans don't have the luxury of reviving. While my Hard VoG experiences are somewhat lacking, I would be surprised if Sunslinger Warlocks were not the ones who died the most, overall, in VoG.

The ones who died most in VoG? I'm calling hugebullshit.

A n overshield every 30-40s (typical CD ), and every 3-5 minutes 50% damage reduction for 15 seconds?

Compared to every other class, sunsinger warlocks have the most survivability.
The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.
PemZie
PemZie

3 Credits 1 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
I use fireborn when playing in rumble and skirmish, my two favorite game modes. I use it when there are several enemies around. Being equipped with a shotgun and 3-4 grenades makes triple kills really easy. I generally use this ability when I'm going for revenge, or needing to hold down a section of the map( because of all the potential kills I can get). I really cannot get over how many times fireborn has saved me a game or clutched for a team.
When in skirmish, I wait for the enemies to begin reviving their teammates, before I resurrect. Then, I start bunny hopping around them as I throw grenades onto the ground. My idea behind this is to confuse the enemies and get several grenades off. They almost always are dead, and this is a 1v3. Do not underestimate the power of fireborn, because a lot of players have and they've been punished, even when in numbers.
In rumble, normally, a person would think fireborn has no purpose. It has a lot of uses. If i die of a 1v1, I can come right back and slay them, then kill the pursuer. If there is a group of players fighting, I will throw grenades into the crowd (usually from the outside, but sometimes in the middle of the fight) and steal kills off of people. During times of clutch, when I need one more kill or +25 points, I will resurrect. If anyone has questions please ask me, because I know I didn't so well of a job as explaining my reasoning's.
On a side note, I use the firebolt grenade and flame shield- paired together it really becomes hard for a group to kill me little less one person.
DELETED
DELETED

0 Credits 230 Posts
Several times I have resurrected myself in the midst of the enemy when they assume I'm just waiting to respawn. It's amazing how quickly they can forget you were there. I got a triple down by self ressing in the middle of 3 guys trying to capture the point I was defending.... Felt good
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
I heard that Touch of Flame makes solar weapons do damage over time, even in crucible. Can you confirm this? I saw it on reddit, and a few people agreed to it. But that doesn't really mean anything, because Reddit is a cesspool.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Bane of Belial said:I heard that Touch of Flame makes solar weapons do damage over time, even in crucible. Can you confirm this? I saw it on reddit, and a few people agreed to it. But that doesn't really mean anything, because Reddit is a cesspool.

if you have touch of flame, and are in radiance (your super), all shots on target with a solar weapon causes the target to ignite (works on bosses, crucible...etc)

This what you wanted to know?
A Moth to Flame
A Moth to Flame

0 Credits 4 Posts
I, too, am a Sunsinger. I use all the same perks you do, except I use the Viking Funeral and Touch Of Flame. I feel like they boost up the Solar Grenade really well, which I use exclusively. They make the grenade really powerful outside of Radiance. It is nice to hit them and even do damage once they leave the radius of said grenade.

I really enjoyed the read. Thanks for posting. I think the Sunsinger class is real tough class to master, but if done correctly it can be real deadly.

edit: Sorry for the repost. The first wasn't showing up for me for some reason.

Mod edit: removed the double post, no worries.
Darkened Khaos
Darkened Khaos

26 Credits 58 Posts
I'm a Sunslinger that uses Fireborn and only fireborn, Personally every time I get up unless they have rockets, I live, I typically immediately go for a melee kill to get my Flame Shield, then go to town tossing firebolt nades to wipe a team. Typically I'll only use my super when there is someone in range, likely a camper, or someone on a control point.

Check my stats :D Lots of melee kills.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
I can't quote you all, but there is something that is cropping up a LOT here and i think i need to state why i disagree.

Every one of you (bar Moth) has discussed using "fireborn" and given specific examples. These examples are amazing and pretty good plays to boot. But it doesn't appear consist at all to me, yes when you get that amazing triple kill from death.. Your total is now : 3 kills : 1 death, but say you die... you're not 3 kills : 2 deaths (ignoring if you got a kill before your initial death..etc)

But what i imagine (you can tell me if i'm wrong) is that you revive more often than not to sink a revenge kill.. you left someone 1 shot, or they are taking the hill. you come back to life and shoot them for a kill... 1 kill: 1 death. If one of you says "well i don't use my super unless i get an awesome triple or a situation like that!" then all that means is you sit on your super, time and time again... for a chance to get a double / triple after dying once.

Radiant skin for me is useful as utility, and a way to continue to play the match without giving them points. Sure it may not cause me to kill 3 people at times, but it does cause me to die less and be able to run away / re group / win a 1v1 more often... grenade spam to keep a zone clear (without dying to shots as easily).

Nerdy-ness and numbers

To put this nerdily and put in some numbers, i chose a "good/bad" scenario that could happen If you die twice, using fireborn to get three kills: Also note, i didn't add in "+10 points for kills by grenade..etc".

This looks pretty damn good for fireborn users, i will admit. I highlighted the most common settings and averaged them out. On average in a 3 kills : 2 deaths fireborn scenario you gain: 150 points. .

So for radiant skin to be equal, all i need to do is use radiant skin to allow me to win ONE 1v1 duel and i will average 150 points

Some of you will notice, that given the 1 KD spread in both cases = same average points, but the larger the number of Kills and Deaths, the wider the range of points available. So sometimes fireborn = 400 points, but other times -200 points in the same scenario JUST based on capture locations, but it's a lot safer to gain less points at a maximum to lose less at a minimum. It's more consistant.

Also given a scenario where you use fireborn to rise up, and kill the guy that just killed you and carry on playing... Kills - Deaths = 0... Average points = 0. So you've gained nothing, at the cost of your super.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Tyyger said:
Wurm said:

The ones who died most in VoG? I'm calling hugebullshit.

A n overshield every 30-40s (typical CD ), and every 3-5 minutes 50% damage reduction for 15 seconds?

Compared to every other class, sunsinger warlocks have the most survivability.

It's just been my personal experience; with no numbers to back anything up it's entirely speculation.

Ethereal Khaos said:I'm a Sunslinger that uses Fireborn and only fireborn, Personally every time I get up unless they have rockets, I live, I typically immediately go for a melee kill to get my Flame Shield, then go to town tossing firebolt nades to wipe a team. Typically I'll only use my super when there is someone in range, likely a camper, or someone on a control point.

No one is saying that Fireborne isn't great for doing this, Ethereal. What Tyyger and I are trying to say is that, in our opinion, Fireborne is entirely outclassed by Radiant Skin for a multitude of reasons. Chiefly, that Fireborne is inconsistent, and in my opinion holds far less utility than Radiant Skin does in PvP.

Just because something is great at X, does not mean that 'being great at X' is the best strategy. If something great at X, but being great at Y is better, why bother using the worse strategy?
Tazz
Tazz

3 Credits 1 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
The fusion grenade is amazing if used properly, sticking someone then ducking behind cover or flying into the air (whichever the situation calls for) results in guaranteed kills without dying.
Now, you're only looking at fireborn in a very narrow-minded manner. Good players that have tactics, strategies and enemy awareness/radar are able to use fireborn in a positive way, consistently. Just because you prefer radiant skin doesn't mean it can't be done nor is it any less viable.
Killing more people in radiance results in more orbs for your teammates. You shouldn't be thinking of 1v1 encounters, as you should already be able to handle these without radiance. As a sunsinger it's all about killing as many enemies as we can during our super to create those orbs for our allies, (heavy ammo should be combined with radiance as often as possible for this reason) We are support first and foremost. Fireborn can be used to flank from beyond the grave. It has the ability to kill multiple enemies on a point and distracts a team very well. Leaving openings for your teammates to join in the attack if need be. The trade off of damage resistance for opening up more tactics and opportunities is well worth it. Every class has those players that sit on their super for the ideal situations. Just because you have fireborn doesn't mean you have wait until you die to use radiance nor should you.
As for pve. If you have it, use it.
This "sloppy play" could also be applied to radiant skin, as hunters and titans don't have the option of becoming long range, mini bullet sponges either. Fireborn is far more useful than radiant skin in pve.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Tazz said:The fusion grenade is amazing if used properly, sticking someone then ducking behind cover or flying into the air (whichever the situation calls for) results in guaranteed kills without dying.
Now, you're only looking at fireborn in a very narrow-minded manner. Good players that have tactics, strategies and enemy awareness/radar are able to use fireborn in a positive way, consistently. Just because you prefer radiant skin doesn't mean it can't be done nor is it any less viable.
Killing more people in radiance results in more orbs for your teammates. You shouldn't be thinking of 1v1 encounters, as you should already be able to handle these without radiance. As a sunsinger it's all about killing as many enemies as we can during our super to create those orbs for our allies, (heavy ammo should be combined with radiance as often as possible for this reason) We are support first and foremost. Fireborn can be used to flank from beyond the grave. It has the ability to kill multiple enemies on a point and distracts a team very well. Leaving openings for your teammates to join in the attack if need be. The trade off of damage resistance for opening up more tactics and opportunities is well worth it. Every class has those players that sit on their super for the ideal situations. Just because you have fireborn doesn't mean you have wait until you die to use radiance nor should you.
As for pve. If you have it, use it.
This "sloppy play" could also be applied to radiant skin, as hunters and titans don't have the option of becoming long range, mini bullet sponges either. Fireborn is far more useful than radiant skin in pve.

I like this post a lot. Well put together. I never stated fireborn cannot be used / nor should it. I said my preference and lack of manner to see fireborn as useful.

I agree i am thinking about Fireborn far too narrow minded. The prospect of fireborn allow plays is a good deal. But i still see fireborn as a manner to correcting after death and radiance as a way to deal with it before death occurs. Let me break your post down.

tazz said: You shouldn't be thinking of 1v1 encounters, as you should already be able to handle these without radiance

I never said think about radiance as a 1v1 encounter, i said that to equate points from a 3:2 fireborn i simply needed to kill one person without dying. If i have to pop radiance to do so, it still equates to the same points (on average) as i would have got.

tazz said:We are support first and foremost.

If you are in a team situation (with friends) then yes, you can use your abilities to support others. But saying we're support first and foremost in PvP is insane. What abilities do you have over any other class to support in PvP? The reduction of cooldowns during super and the ability to spawn orbs.

Well i'm not saying going down team cooldown reduction isn't good, but as a single player i wouldn't pick Song of flame over either radiant or fireborn.

Then take our "support" is outclassed by a titan defender (spawn 2 orbs and provide a utility), if you are support. Titan defender will be your deal, less orbs than normal but you can provide 10x more utility.

If you're only argument for support is spawning orbs, every single aggresive super class is support. Yes you can spawn more orbs than anyone else given a good radiance, but every single player wants to kill as many people with their super as possible. That point can be said about EVERYONE.

tazz said: Fireborn can be used to flank from beyond the grave. It has the ability to kill multiple enemies on a point and distracts a team very well. Leaving openings for your teammates to join in the attack if need be. The trade off of damage resistance for opening up more tactics and opportunities is well worth it.

I'd like to note here is where i believe you are thinking of this differently to me. I'd rather use my radiance to stay alive, and not NEED to come back from the grave to flank. Although i will admit, supers / sniped and all insta-kills .. Fireborn would be perfect.

But nothing stops me using 50% damage reduction, to flank and be a tank. To make them stare at me and try and kill me whilst my team help out / turn up.

Surely you can't argue to distact a team on a control point, that dying -> live -> maybe live /dying. Is better than turning up with 50% damage reduction for 15 seconds, and staying (hopefully) alive whilst throwing grenades to zone them out as well.

tazz said: Just because you have fireborn doesn't mean you have wait until you die to use radiance nor should you.

Then radiance would be more useful to you in that scenario than fireborn

tazz said: Fireborn is far more useful than radiant skin in pve.

Agreed. Although "far more" i believe is an overstatement, but i would typically take fireborn over radiance, unless a situation required me to need to take damage (not often to say the least )

Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Tazz said:As a sunsinger it's all about killing as many enemies as we can during our super to create those orbs for our allies, (heavy ammo should be combined with radiance as often as possible for this reason) We are support first and foremost.

Radiant Skin and Fireborne both preform this function, no?

Tazz said:Fireborn can be used to flank from beyond the grave.

Radiant skin can be used to flank equally, if not more, effectively; the damage reduction allows you to effectively occupy at a bare minimum one, if not multiple, enemies.

Tazz said:It has the ability to kill multiple enemies on a point and distracts a team very well.

Radiant Skin also has the ability to kill multiple enemies on a point and cause a distraction.

Tazz said:The trade off of damage resistance for opening up more tactics and opportunities is well worth it.

Sure, if Fireborne actually opened up more tactics and opportunities, but in my opinion it does not. If anything, it limits you. If you use Radiance without being dead, with Fireborne slotted, you have effectively wasted that slot. In order to get any use out of Fireborne, you have to be dead.

Tazz said:Every class has those players that sit on their super for the ideal situations. Just because you have fireborn doesn't mean you have wait until you die to use radiance nor should you.

Sure, you shouldn't, but for any benefit to be gained from the slot you have to be dead, unlike Radiant Skin.
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
Ethereal Khaos said:I'm a Sunslinger that uses Fireborn and only fireborn, Personally every time I get up unless they have rockets, I live, I typically immediately go for a melee kill to get my Flame Shield, then go to town tossing firebolt nades to wipe a team. Typically I'll only use my super when there is someone in range, likely a camper, or someone on a control point.

SINGER. It's SunSINGER. Sunsinger, Gunslinger. Know the difference.