Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate
#Maps 
I D3FIN3 3LIT3
I D3FIN3 3LIT3

66 Credits 73 Posts
I was just wondering what is everyone's favorite maps my favorite is Firebase Delphi and I can't even explain how much I hate Bastion anyway just curious.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Shores of time

and Firebase Delphi

Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
None, they're all horrible.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Hey Im Swat said:None, they're all horrible.

I'd love to hear your reasoning on why Rusted Lands is horrible, Swat.
Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Wurm said:

Okay, we'll use that as an example.

*Poor layout
*Too much cover
*One side can get to an objective faster than the other
*Easy to be confused by the raider on this map

Those are just a few examples on why I hate the maps in Destiny.

Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:None, they're all horrible.

okay Shores of time problems. GO!
Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Tyyger said:
Shores of time

*A shotgun whore's paradise due to dark areas and the cave near objective bravo
*You can set up camp with a sniper to the west(?) of objective Charlie
*Too easy to be rushed and nova bombed
Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Wurm said:

*Poor layout
*Too much cover

Those are just a few examples on why I hate the maps in Destiny.

Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:
Tyyger said:
Shores of time

The dark cave yes, but that's the key point. It's a direct way through but has a risk.
I've seen people set up camp there. They will not top the table with kills the LoS they get is shockingly shit. Only get kills when fighting outside bravo.
That's a problem with Destiny's damn PvP not the map. There isn't a map that doesn't have corners near capture points. Even if it did, you can still super into open area points.
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
Most maps are too close quarters which prevent effective use of a Scout/Pulse rifle the exceptions are Shores of time, First Light, and..... that's it. 2/8. the rest are a shotgun brawl
Enochrewt
Enochrewt

5 Credits 16 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Hello!

I've been lurking around here for a bit, and I was actually going to make a Crucible Strategies thread but this will do for a start.

So far the only map I dislike is Bastion, but that's mostly because of how the map flows when playing the Control Game type. I feel like they could have spread out the points a bit more, maybe put one in the open where the interceptor spawns so there's more of a long distance engagement with one of the points.

I thought Blind Watch was a poor map for Control as well, but the last couple of days I've seen more organized Teams sealing holding the A side and sealing off B from the top doors successfully, and holding the top platform above C, something I didn't think a was viable winning strategy. I felt like the only way to win this map if you started on the A side is to flip the spawns and hold the C side. That's probably still the easiest strategy, but it's good to know it's not impossible to win on the A side.

Most of the map issues I see are more player issues and the best example I can come up with is Firebase Delphi. I watch them jump in the Meat grinder window above C over and over. Just because the other team has A and B doesn't mean you have to rush to B immediately to recapture it. In fact, because they own both means you should slow down and go around. There are 6 different ways into the base and they can't cover all of them and they don't get closer to winning for hold a point, only if they kill you. Yet everyone continues to jump into that stupid window and cry about camping shotgunners.

All of the other maps I think are excellent but there definitely needs to be more variance in maps though, I look at Halo and all of these maps are more Beaver Creek rather than Sanctuary or Foundation.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Enochrewt said: ...

Most of the map issues I see are more player issues and the best example I can come up with is Firebase Delphi. I watch them jump in the Meat grinder window above C over and over. Just because the other team has A and B doesn't mean you have to rush to B immediately to recapture it. In fact, because they own both means you should slow down and go around. There are 6 different ways into the base and they can't cover all of them and they don't get closer to winning for hold a point, only if they kill you. Yet everyone continues to jump into that stupid window and cry about camping shotgunners.

I have to agree with the details behind Delphi. I love it as a map, because it is a *fast* map but people tend to play it weirdly. B becomes this hotspot that will simply make the team with two control points start to win more and more.

A lot of that map is under utilised, but it is still a fun map. for 6v6 a lot of the maps feel "too large" for that team size. But firebase is a tad small.
Vek
Vek

101 Credits 60 Posts
-Bastion
-Shores of Time
-Rusted Lands
And maybe Firebase Delphi.
This game needs more Venus maps.
I D3FIN3 3LIT3
I D3FIN3 3LIT3

66 Credits 73 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:
Tyyger said:
Shores of time

I got to admit shores of time has got me annoyed too mostly the setup for control I just dislike how A and B are so close together. I have never had any when it comes to shotguns on this map. I have never been overly killed by shotguns anyway. Although my biggest beef with this map is that it is the map I have the most suicides on... I wonder why....
Stalker13F
Stalker13F

0 Credits 2 Posts
I'm a fan of the flood zone earth. Love that map!
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Hey Im Swat said:
Wurm said:

*Poor layout
*Too much cover

Those are just a few examples on why I hate the maps in Destiny

What don't you like about the layout of Rusted Lands, Swat? I feel like your "too much cover" and "one side can get to an objective faster than the other" are examples of Poor Layout. Am I mistaken?

With few exceptions, quite a few maps have clearly advantageous sides of control; e.g. B/C on Shores, B/C on Rusted Lands, A/B on Firebase Delphi, and B/C on Blind Watch. Is this poor map design? I'm not too sure. It's not like we're playing Domination, where point control is completely necessary to win. It's theoretically possible to win a game without holding a single Control Point, after all.
Auto
Auto

6 Credits 16 Posts
1) Firebase Delphi cuz its awesome ( I got a perfection there)
2) Twilight Gap cuz its fun
3) Shores of Time cuz its not fair for one team lol... aaaannd QUICK SCOPES FOR DAYS!!!!
4) Rusted Lands cuz sniping from outside Alpha to the Charlie - Alpha cut is fun

Adapt to Destiny or get left behind :P just like every other FPS game... cuz... you know... there is always CoD to fall back on :P