Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
7 Credit(s) Received

Summary
The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.

We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.

General

Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

Classes

Titan
Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended

Warlock
Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons

General
Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping

Auto Rifles

Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Hand Cannons
In-air accuracy now increased

Scout Rifles
Base damage increased by 6%
Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

Shotguns
Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Exotic Weapons

Vex Mythoclast

Base Damage decreased by 34%
Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

Pocket Infinity

Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

Perks
Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities

Strikes
Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary

Raid - Vault of Glass

Templar Encounter
Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations

The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan

The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Cannot wait to use my Mida Multi-tool with scout rifles getting a buff!
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Really interested in seeing how these changes will affect The Crucible in the coming days.
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
I never saw a problem with how the scout rifle output damage. im doing pretty well in the cruciable as it is
Vek
Vek

101 Credits 60 Posts
R.I.P Pocket Infinity.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Morarn said:I never saw a problem with how the scout rifle output damage. im doing pretty well in the cruciable as it is

I think their primary problem was simply how effective Auto Rifles are/were. Damage boost is just icing on the cake.
Jennie
Jennie

92 Credits 146 Posts
I'm glad they are nerfing the Mythoclast at least a little bit. I get that it's supposed to be powerful because of how difficult it is to get the gun, but to me it seemed really overpowered. I only ran into one person that had it, and he was pretty much untouchable (that's not to say it was just the gun, but compared to anyone else he pretty much dominated everyone). Again, this is just how it seems to me, and from all the youtube videos about the gun, I would wager that I am not the only one to feel that way.

Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
I really feel like I'm the only person who doesn't want the Mythoclast to be nerfed.
Enochrewt
Enochrewt

5 Credits 16 Posts
I'm pretty glad the Mythoclast is being nerfed. I don't have a problem if it's really good close, like just out of shotgun range, but getting sniped with it from 50 feet away really sucks.

And that Auto rifle nerf, wow. I haven't gotten to play yet, but that nerf seems like a lot. I had thought that the accuracy nerf would be enough, but the damage reduction is pretty brutal.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Enochrewt said:
And that Auto rifle nerf, wow. I haven't gotten to play yet, but that nerf seems like a lot. I had thought that the accuracy nerf would be enough, but the damage reduction is pretty brutal.

My Regime feels like it hasn't changed much. Damage in PvE is noticeably less, but not to the point of it being even remotely close to a problem.
Enochrewt
Enochrewt

5 Credits 16 Posts
My Regime feels like it hasn't changed much. Damage in PvE is noticeably less, but not to the point of it being even remotely close to a problem.

I felt like going up against a Suros Regime in the crucible just slightly in it's favor vs my hand cannon. Just a little accuracy loss and it's even, and that accuracy loss gets magnified by the health regeneration. Less accuracy = fewer hits = less health regeneration. That's where the real nerf lies, Regime users won't be quite as healthy all of the time.

At least that's how it feels to me.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Enochrewt said:
Wurm said:My Regime feels like it hasn't changed much. Damage in PvE is noticeably less, but not to the point of it being even remotely close to a problem.

I felt like going up against a Suros Regime in the crucible just slightly in it's favor vs my hand cannon. Just a little accuracy loss and it's even, and that accuracy loss gets magnified by the health regeneration. Less accuracy = fewer hits = less health regeneration. That's where the real nerf lies, Regime users won't be quite as healthy all of the time.

At least that's how it feels to me.

I don't feel like I'm missing more shots. I wonder how other people feel their Regime is behaving though.
Enochrewt
Enochrewt

5 Credits 16 Posts

I don't feel like I'm missing more shots. I wonder how other people feel their Regime is behaving though.

If you go read the bungie.net forums people are acting like it's the worst gun in the game now.