xFaTaL1
xFaTaL1

3 Credits 17 Posts
For the cheesers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-GPVrUaTqk&feature=youtu.be
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
I didn't watch the video, but I have to ask a question. Why are you trying to cheese the raid? The raid is the end game content. If you cheat yourself out of the experience, what is the point? You get some new gear and some weapons, but what good does it do? You don't need them if you just cheese every difficult part of the game. Just help me see what's going through the head of people that do things like this.
FRYMEN
FRYMEN

16 Credits 35 Posts
This is what I would call: "The exploit dilemma"

Some people enjoy the risk that comes with the reward (learning the hard way). Some people enjoy just the reward, with the least amount of risk possible (learning the easy way).

I have become a victim of the exploit dilemma in GTA V. I chose the easy way. Now, I have over 20 mil. and about every car I desire. I don't even care to play, since I have everything I want.

I will say, that it was still an adrenaline rush to do the exploit, because I could have lost some highly valuable items if I did one thing wrong, so it had a VERY high risk / reward ratio.

So with that said, I still attempted the Atheon knock off, and it worked. I then did it the correct way, and it worked. I had fun both ways, either way.

This video is a good explanation of the thought process of those that never give up:

Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Bane of Belial said:I didn't watch the video, but I have to ask a question. Why are you trying to cheese the raid? The raid is the end game content. If you cheat yourself out of the experience, what is the point? You get some new gear and some weapons, but what good does it do? You don't need them if you just cheese every difficult part of the game. Just help me see what's going through the head of people that do things like this.

Efficiency. If I can knock Atheon off the level finish that section within three minutes, why would I waste seven-eight minutes? Or even longer, possibly, if we're on Hard or with new players? I could have done plenty of other things with that time.

Edit: It's also about guaranteed results. Even if it takes a little longer than a perfect run, but attempting it the "right" way could take multitudes longer, why bother? I'd rather guarantee myself completion within X minutes, than risk completion in X+10 minutes with the possibility of X-10 minutes.
xFaTaL1
xFaTaL1

3 Credits 17 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Bane of Belial said:I didn't watch the video, but I have to ask a question. Why are you trying to cheese the raid? The raid is the end game content. If you cheat yourself out of the experience, what is the point? You get some new gear and some weapons, but what good does it do? You don't need them if you just cheese every difficult part of the game. Just help me see what's going through the head of people that do things like this.

At this point the raid has been around a while and we've all had the opportunity to do it the hard way. Now its about getting through it efficiently on normal mode and just getting through it on hard mode. This may not be for everyone, but I'm just trying to help out those that feel the same way. If you want to grind though, grind away.