Destiny 2 Tracker Network
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
7 Credit(s) Received
Ok, like it says this is not an official game mode or anything of the sort, but its something I've found amusing for those days when you're out of bounties to pursue, don't feel like grinding away at the crucible, and really don't need to do any farming.

So, now that the disclaimer is out of the way...

It has been a quiet night on the planet Venus. You and your team of stalwart Guardians have set off on an epic adventure to unlock the secrets of the vault of glass and the door was just about to open when a virtual horde of praetorians and vex troopers come crawling out of the woodwork to impede your progress. You watch helplessly from your pedestal as these behemoths start mowing down your team wholesale...First johnny falls, then Jill, Bob, Joe, and Fred and you find yourself alone, surrounded, and facing the imminent respawn and a complete restart to your endeavor. You fire off your final round from the Suros you bought off Xur in the tower, praying for a miracle, but it simply isn't enough and, like your fellows, you fall to the might of the vex horde.

But wait, as you fall, you see something unexpected through the eyes of your ghost. From seemingly out of nowhere, a stranger appears, in the hood and cape of a hunter, wielding a weapon that fires strange purple projectiles that seem to shred the shields and carapaces of the vex, even the praetorians as if they were an afterthought. Within moments this stranger has waded through your foes as if it were easy pickings, then he turns and uses the light from his own ghost to revive you and your teammates. Then, this enigmatic stranger stays, mowing down the attacking vex as the conflux is constructed and you are finally granted access to the vault of glass. As the door opens, he leaps up onto a pillar of stone, waves once, then vanishes into the night, not answering hails or questions, simply going on his way to whatever awaits him. Who is this masked stranger and where did he come from? You may never know...yet, he has just saved you and your team from a certain restart of your mission and possible failure at the gates to your greatest adventure yet.

Ok, so maybe a bit dramatic but a fun way to introduce my favorite "i'm out of things to do" time-killer in Destiny. Destiny hero or Destiny Superhero is simple to play really. You find a location where a difficult mission kicks off, the last point where people can get hung up and into trouble before they set off into fireteam only play and you hang around the area farming engrams and xp while you wait for the next squad to run into trouble in that area. Then, when things are at their most dire, swoop in like a guardian angel (bad pun alert) and save them from a certain mission reset only to leave and find another group to help in a similar way. its actually a lot of fun and the number of party invites that stem from this activity is nothing short of wildly amusing to say the least. Note, this is also entertaining at the gate entrance to the black garden on mars.

Hope you enjoyed and please, if you try the destiny hero route, let me know how it goes for you.
Signed
Hunter Batman
ACAP Spotless
ACAP Spotless

15 Credits 8 Posts
Thankyou VERY much, I am currently trying this and it is a blast:)!
FRYMEN
FRYMEN

16 Credits 35 Posts
katkikr said:Ok, like it says this is not an official game mode or anything of the sort, but its something I've found amusing for those days when you're out of bounties to pursue, don't feel like grinding away at the crucible, and really don't need to do any farming.

So, now that the disclaimer is out of the way...

It has been a quiet night on the planet Venus. You and your team of stalwart Guardians have set off on an epic adventure to unlock the secrets of the vault of glass and the door was just about to open when a virtual horde of praetorians and vex troopers come crawling out of the woodwork to impede your progress. You watch helplessly from your pedestal as these behemoths start mowing down your team wholesale...First johnny falls, then Jill, Bob, Joe, and Fred and you find yourself alone, surrounded, and facing the imminent respawn and a complete restart to your endeavor. You fire off your final round from the Suros you bought off Xur in the tower, praying for a miracle, but it simply isn't enough and, like your fellows, you fall to the might of the vex horde.

But wait, as you fall, you see something unexpected through the eyes of your ghost. From seemingly out of nowhere, a stranger appears, in the hood and cape of a hunter, wielding a weapon that fires strange purple projectiles that seem to shred the shields and carapaces of the vex, even the praetorians as if they were an afterthought. Within moments this stranger has waded through your foes as if it were easy pickings, then he turns and uses the light from his own ghost to revive you and your teammates. Then, this enigmatic stranger stays, mowing down the attacking vex as the conflux is constructed and you are finally granted access to the vault of glass. As the door opens, he leaps up onto a pillar of stone, waves once, then vanishes into the night, not answering hails or questions, simply going on his way to whatever awaits him. Who is this masked stranger and where did he come from? You may never know...yet, he has just saved you and your team from a certain restart of your mission and possible failure at the gates to your greatest adventure yet.

Ok, so maybe a bit dramatic but a fun way to introduce my favorite "i'm out of things to do" time-killer in Destiny. Destiny hero or Destiny Superhero is simple to play really. You find a location where a difficult mission kicks off, the last point where people can get hung up and into trouble before they set off into fireteam only play and you hang around the area farming engrams and xp while you wait for the next squad to run into trouble in that area. Then, when things are at their most dire, swoop in like a guardian angel (bad pun alert) and save them from a certain mission reset only to leave and find another group to help in a similar way. its actually a lot of fun and the number of party invites that stem from this activity is nothing short of wildly amusing to say the least. Note, this is also entertaining at the gate entrance to the black garden on mars.

Hope you enjoyed and please, if you try the destiny hero route, let me know how it goes for you.
Signed
Hunter Batman

I can dig it.
VerruckterSchakal
VerruckterSchakal

64 Credits 135 Posts
hmm, sounds like a great way to get free stuff! hanging out at the VOG anyone?

XD
Hi Im Lone Wolf
Hi Im Lone Wolf

438 Credits 1521 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
FRYMEN1 said:

Could you NOT quote the entire main post?
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
So, has anyone tried this out? If so, please share your superhero tales. lol