Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate

This thread is closed

Aspersio
Aspersio

4 Credits 4 Posts
After testing the numbers, I found that the KDR formula may be lacking. I did the numbers and it seems like KDR is based on averaging the KDR of each crucible map, rather than each crucible mode. I will use my stats to show what I mean:

My current KDR is showing as 1.82

KDR by map

Rusted Lands 1.24
Shores of Time 1.78
Firebase Delphi 1.43
Twilight Gap 1.38
Bastion 1.70
First Light 1.90
Blind Watch 2.61
Exodus Blue 2.48

Average formula = 14.52 / 8
Average total = 1.815 rounded to 1.82

KDR by mode

Clash 2.13
Control 1.63
Skirmish 1.52
Free For All 1.92
Salvage 2.43

Average formula = 9.63 / 5
Average total = 1.926 rounded to 1.93

If anyone can give a reason to why there is a discrepancy, that would be helpful.
IronWolf
IronWolf

0 Credits 2 Posts
What I am more pissed at in this formula is the fact that it gives 9% or less towards the next level on high skill when you win but takes more than 11% when you lose.
I'm rank 21 on free for all and after 4 games I made it to 93%, but then I get 2 games (one with a lagger that somehow survived a granade stuck on his face just becaue he triggered super during the delay period his fucked up connection gave him, AND still I ended up having more kills and better KD than him) and I'm down to 52%. What the fuck is this!? I wasn't even close to negative KD on those 2 games I lost.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Aspersio said:After testing the numbers, I found that the KDR formula may be lacking. I did the numbers and it seems like KDR is based on averaging the KDR of each crucible map, rather than each crucible mode. I will use my stats to show what I mean:

My current KDR is showing as 1.82

KDR by map

Rusted Lands 1.24
Shores of Time 1.78
Firebase Delphi 1.43
Twilight Gap 1.38
Bastion 1.70
First Light 1.90
Blind Watch 2.61
Exodus Blue 2.48

Average formula = 14.52 / 8
Average total = 1.815 rounded to 1.82

KDR by mode

Clash 2.13
Control 1.63
Skirmish 1.52
Free For All 1.92
Salvage 2.43

Average formula = 9.63 / 5
Average total = 1.926 rounded to 1.93

If anyone can give a reason to why there is a discrepancy, that would be helpful.

Say i play 1 game of control, skirmish, free for all and salvage. Have AMAZING games, and score 5.00 KD.

I then play 10,000 games of clash and average to have a KD of 1.60.

My KD is 1.60. Simple, but if you looked at my modes... i'm nearer 5.0 KD.

That's why there is a discrepancy. Most likely.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
IronWolf said:What I am more pissed at in this formula is the fact that it gives 9% or less towards the next level on high skill when you win but takes more than 11% when you lose.
I'm rank 21 on free for all and after 4 games I made it to 93%, but then I get 2 games (one with a lagger that somehow survived a granade stuck on his face just becaue he triggered super during the delay period his fucked up connection gave him, AND still I ended up having more kills and better KD than him) and I'm down to 52%. What the fuck is this!? I wasn't even close to negative KD on those 2 games I lost.

As you rise up in rank, it gets harder and harder to get points. This also means it's easier to lose points, because to stay average you have to be playing at your best. If you have two bad games, due to lag, or teammates..etc Then ofc you'll lose some points, and if you are playing quiet a bit worse than normal then you'll lose a lot more points.
IronWolf
IronWolf

0 Credits 2 Posts
As you rise up in rank, it gets harder and harder to get points. This also means it's easier to lose points, because to stay average you have to be playing at your best. If you have two bad games, due to lag, or teammates..etc Then ofc you'll lose some points, and if you are playing quiet a bit worse than normal then you'll lose a lot
more points.

But losing 24% even with more kills and higher KDR than the one who won? It will take me 4 games to recover, maybe even more.
So what happens once you hit 50? you lose 200% every game you lose?
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
IronWolf said:
As you rise up in rank, it gets harder and harder to get points. This also means it's easier to lose points, because to stay average you have to be playing at your best. If you have two bad games, due to lag, or teammates..etc Then ofc you'll lose some points, and if you are playing quiet a bit worse than normal then you'll lose a lot
more points.

But losing 24% even with more kills and higher KDR than the one who won? It will take me 4 games to recover, maybe even more.
So what happens once you hit 50? you lose 200% every game you lose?

Just because you beat the other player doesn't mean you played as good as you normally do.

At 50, you could lose a game and move down. But just as equally wouldn't, there is more to the forumla than winning or losing.

This thread is closed