Destiny 2 Tracker Network
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
6 Credit(s) Received
Hello guardians!

Today we're going to discuss something that those who have yet to go on the raid or those who have had trouble on the raid may find of interest. Now, note the list I'm going to discuss is just weapons I take and I am as much looking for information from others on their experiences as I am trying to give information from my own, so post what you use and why as well, please!

1. Aetheon's Epilogue.
Now, this weapon is only picked up from the raid, so you will have already had some experience to acquire it. Overall its a fairly solid little AR, decent damage output and blistering rate of fire. The best things this has going for it, however, are its damage against oracles which is amazing, and its ability to rip the shields off of praetorians. Other than those things, it doesn't particularly shine above other weapons, such as hand cannons or the Suros Regime, which are generally more useful for most other engagements.

2. Suros Regime
You lose your ability to rip shields and lose a little time in killing oracles with this weapon, but it generally makes up for that in spades once shields are down with its amazing damage output in general. Vs. Vex enemies in general it can be outdone by hand cannons, but is a very versatile choice from my experience.

3. Gjallahorn
This weapon does really good damage but you have to be extremely careful when and where you use it, or you could potentially wind up killing yourself more than you kill enemies. Generally its accepted that a heavy machine gun is better for raid purposes, due to this tendency to wind up inside of a shield from time to time but if you're situationally aware, this weapon can get you out of a lot of tight places that others just don't have the power to rescue you from.

4. Ice breaker
I saved this weapon for last, out of my picks for weapons I love in the raid. The reason, shooting the light out of any goblin or hobble gobble (just for you, Lynx) is a 1hk all day and you never run out of ammo for this weapon, which is also important. Also, from last night's experience, we noticed that two of us at different levels, using this particular weapon against Atheon, were doing 10,000 + damage for every shot into his center glowing spot. That is a lot of damage for a weapon that gives you generally 8 shots per go-round with this particular boss and literally tore the big guy apart once we realized the output on it. This is my favorite, do-all end-all weapon in the raid so far, even though it is not always the weapon I have in my hands due to the fact that it is a sniper rifle and not a close-quarters weapon. the ability to do massive damage to bosses and 1hk pretty-much anything on the map but praetorians, makes this weapon a very solid choice for a secondary in the raid.

So, what are your picks so far and why?
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Kat, what are your thoughts on Vision of Confluence?
Desertpunk098
Desertpunk098

9 Credits 8 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
The devil you know- mine kills the goblins and hobs in one hit.
The supremacy- Hits the gate keepers and Templar for close to 3000.
Thunder lord- Just to break off the shield during Templar
Gjallhorn- Just cause i can. Honestly I don't use much heavy ammo at all, unless I feel like blowing something up or taking that shield off during the Templar.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
Well, my first time through I used the following:

Primary: Galahad-E. I was one of the few people at a fairly high level (28) who had yet to acquire a legendary primary.. be it through drops, factions, crucible, chests.. whatever. This was a low damage bullet hose, even on normal. Worked well on goblins and hobbies, but did very little against Praetorians. Luckily, due to armor upgrades, I was able to carry some 500 rounds at a time. Plus, I also had a quick reload perk on an armor item as well as on the gun. I was able to scrape by.

Special: Epitaph 2261 - A handy sniper with long range and high-impact. Worked well on HobGoblin's during the Templar fight as well as weakening Praetorians as they made their way to the confluxes. Also did a nice bit of damage on Atheon.

Heavy: BRINGIN' DA THUNDA!! - Thunderlord - This weapon saved me. I was fortunate enough to receive the Lord of Thunder's blessing as a reward after a fine battle in the Crucible. This weapon here, tears blam! up. While it only carries ~35 rounds per belt, it does a high amount of damage and has controllable recoil after the upgrade is added. When fighting Praetorians, the Templar or Atheon, this weapon really shines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now-a-days I am rocking this set:

Primary: Vanquisher VIII - My first Legendary primary weapon, the vanquisher is a great weapon for PvP and PvE alike. With a multitude of of possible randomly generated upgrades, I received a fairly nice build upon purchasing one from the New Monarchy seller. This weapon does dramatically more damage than my Galahad-E did and in turn, made VoG much less stressful. With perks such as "glass half full" (bottom half of clip does more damage), perfect balance and "feeding frenzy" (kills increase reload speed), this weapon is formidable against any foe.

Special: Praedyth's Revenge - I was fortunate to receive this weapon as a reward during my first VoG play-through. It is an excellent sniper with slightly less range than most, but near perfect stability / recoil and a high rate of fire. A sure shot will have a grand time using this against strong enemies, racking up quick and easy critical hits. It deal void damage, which is very helpful against the Vex, and even has a VoG special ability in which it deals bonus damage versus Oracles. But, my favorite upgrade on this sniper has to be the "Firefly" upgrade. Precision hits for a kill (headshots) cause the enemies corpse to explode, causing a nice little area of effect as well as making you want to say "oooo, awwww."

Heavy: Zombie Apocalypse WF47 - While I love the Thunderlord, I had to take this weapon into battle with me as I received one that dealt void damage, which as mentioned before, is crucial against Vex enemies. It has a fairly high rate of fire and mid sized clip (43). That said, the hallmark of this weapon is its stability, and excellent selection of scopes. It melts through Vex shields and is incredible against Atheon. to say the least, it is a satisfying weapon to use.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Wurm said:Kat, what are your thoughts on Vision of Confluence?

My thoughts are that I would love to actually get this weapon to use some day. lol Don't have it yet

Sounds like a nice setup, Terry. I have the Vanquisher but haven't found it to be all that impressive yet, personally
Desertpunk098
Desertpunk098

9 Credits 8 Posts
Vision of Confluence is alright, I still chose the hand cannon over it.
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
The VoC is a great weapon all around. It has a medium RoF and good fire damage. Can kill normal vex (raid) in 2 shots and hard mode in 3 or 4. it has small recoil that you can upgrade to almost none and it is full auto (for those that like that) which it useless. it does well against oracles and most of the time i end up with more kills in the vault than my other team mates
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
I usually rock the Timurs Lash Hand cannon, Light Beware fusion rifle, and Zombie Apocalypse machine gun. Both are void, and make short work of murdertaurs and praetorians.
Darkened Lynx
Darkened Lynx

131 Credits 60 Posts
katkikr said: goblin or hobble gobble (just for you, Lynx)

Yes! ♥ To contribute, the Grim Citizen lll is pretty good for non shield mobs, but the set back is it has no element applied to it.