Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
So it turns out if you choose the keyhole perk as a gunslinger, your golden gun will over-penetrate a ward of dawn and be able to kill people inside (titan included).

So not only is the WoD a fairly weak Super (versitile and utility is awesome, but i don't think it compares to other supers currently) it can also be negated completely by a single perk.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
1. Armor of Light would require two Golden Gun shots to down the Titan, leaving one for anyone else, which is what Golden Gun already does by default (unless you have Aclyophage Symbiote, like the Hunter in the clip).

2. If there is more than one person in the bubble, hitting the proper Titan who actually used WoD is going to be difficult, but doable.

3. If multiple people are in the bubble and the Titan is using Armor of Light, it still takes two Golden Gun shots to down any one of them.

I'm not a Hunter, but I feel like there are more effective options than Keyhole. As an exclusive Defender Titan, I can't recall ever getting Golden Gunned down by Keyhole.

Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
Wurm said:1. Armor of Light would require two Golden Gun shots to down the Titan, leaving one for anyone else, which is what Golden Gun already does by default (unless you have Aclyophage Symbiote, like the Hunter in the clip).

I used keyhole for a while, but I switched to Gunslingers Trance when I realized how nice it was for machine guns and ARs. Like you said, Keyhole isn't THAT great in PvP.

Wurm said:
2. If there is more than one person in the bubble, hitting the proper Titan who actually used WoD is going to be difficult, but doable.

If you use Combustion, it will cause any enemies inside to explode, usually killing anyone else inside. Depending on the perk that the Titan is using. Source This Titan was using Weapons of Light though.

Wurm said:
3. If multiple people are in the bubble and the Titan is using Armor of Light, it still takes two Golden Gun shots to down any one of them.

I'm not a Hunter, but I feel like there are more effective options than Keyhole. As an exclusive Defender Titan, I can't recall ever getting Golden Gunned down by Keyhole.

I always target the caster of the shield first. The bubble disappears, rendering armor of light worthless, and the GG shoots through the Blessing just fine. Like you said, Hunters have reasons to NOT use Keyhole. But if you don't have four shots, I can see it being a very viable option.
Wurm
Wurm

43 Credits 85 Posts
Bane of Belial said:
Wurm said:

If you use Combustion, it will cause any enemies inside to explode, usually killing anyone else inside. Depending on the perk that the Titan is using. Source This Titan was using Weapons of Light though.

I swear by Armor of Light, which would mean Golden Gun with Keyhole would take two hits to kill any person inside of WoD, and the explosion would do practically no damage to everyone else. Anyone using Weapons of Light or Blessing of Light would be obliterated by GG + Keyhole though.

Bane of Belial said:
Wurm said:

I always target the caster of the shield first. The bubble disappears, rendering armor of light worthless, and the GG shoots through the Blessing just fine. Like you said, Hunters have reasons to NOT use Keyhole. But if you don't have four shots, I can see it being a very viable option.

This is fine, unless there are multiple Titans inside of WoD.
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
Wurm said:

I swear by Armor of Light, which would mean Golden Gun with Keyhole would take two hits to kill any person inside of WoD, and the explosion would do practically no damage to everyone else. Anyone using Weapons of Light or Blessing of Light would be obliterated by GG + Keyhole though.

Armor of Light is the worst perk. It confines you to a 2 meter radius sphere which is not helpful to your team. Blessing and Weapons of Light are both fantastic for your team, but Armor just confines you and your teammates to a specific area. Every super besides Radiance can easily counter the Ward of Dawn. Nova Bomb obliterates the bubble and everyone inside, regardless of the perk you choose. The Fist of Havoc also obliterates anyone inside, if the Titan manages to get inside. Bladedancers have enough damage resistance to survive inside long enough to kill 2-3 people. The auto aim is so severe that you can easily dash in and out, taking small bites out of their armor. Golden Gun can easily dispatch of the bubble and up to two more of it's inhabitants. Defender Titans are great in the raid, and other PvE situations. But they are easily the weakest class in the Crucible.