75.0%
12.5%
12.5%

Vote

I D3FIN3 3LIT3
I D3FIN3 3LIT3

66 Credits 73 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
There can be many irritating things with faceing a different class but do you believe any class or subclass needs a nerf. You can give your opinion on this matter right here right now.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
Hunter's in PvP no doubt.

In PvE all classes are viable and have benefits in PvE (although i'd argue hunter is weakest atm).

But in PvP i understand it can't be perfectly balanced, but hunters are the ones topping charts constantly it will never be equal. However hunters have *too* much viability and potential in PvP that other classes don't.

I'd argue the weakest is defender titan in PvP, a sunsinger warlock with radiant skin and scorch will have more shields / damage reduction than the "tank" class.

^ A LOT of hunters in the leaderboards, compared to other classes at the top.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Funny thing is, although there are a lot of hunters on the boards...if you look over the top 9 spots, they're evenly divided between titan, hunter, and warlock classes. This is actually surprising to me, considering that there is at least 1 hunter for each of either of the other two classes when you are wandering around in the game world. Hunter being overwhelmingly more popular yet the top 9 positions on the leaderboard being an even split, suggests there is less of a balancing issue than we might think. Also, the fact that the number one and two slots are a warlock and a titan, kind-of supports the idea that the balancing isn't as much of an issue as we may be thinking.
Enochrewt
Enochrewt

5 Credits 16 Posts
I don't think any classes as a whole need to be balanced. There's certain things that I feel like should be balanced more, but I don't think there's need to be any across the board class changes.
Auto
Auto

6 Credits 16 Posts
The Hunters Arc Blade needs to be a One Hit Kill no matter what! So many times I have gotten shut down in the middle of an Arc Blade massacre from a post mortem Warlock ball of hate or hulk smash... how do you die from a hulk smash if the smash never happens? What bothers me more is when I hit somebody with Arc Blade and they are still alive.... like... whats a super? right?
ZNMS
ZNMS

0 Credits 8 Posts
The Hunter class in the Crucible. I think many will know why.
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
katkikr said:Funny thing is, although there are a lot of hunters on the boards...if you look over the top 9 spots, they're evenly divided between titan, hunter, and warlock classes. This is actually surprising to me, considering that there is at least 1 hunter for each of either of the other two classes when you are wandering around in the game world. Hunter being overwhelmingly more popular yet the top 9 positions on the leaderboard being an even split, suggests there is less of a balancing issue than we might think. Also, the fact that the number one and two slots are a warlock and a titan, kind-of supports the idea that the balancing isn't as much of an issue as we may be thinking.

Yes in your smaller pool they are equal, but then go to the top 17 as shown, and 10 are hunters.... Over 50% of that tiny population (i'll get a bigger range soon)

saying "oh but the top people aren't hunters!" just means they are viable and can be played well, it doesn't stop hunters generally being OP it just means that the other classes can be played well. Which we all know is true.
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
I think Warlock nades could use a nerf. My friends and I call the Axion bolt the gaynade because it is so ridiculous with it's tracking and high damage. Each class also has a sticky grenade with a slight homing ability, and I don't think sticky nades that are a one hit kill should have any homing capability at all. That's just my opinion though.
TrueVanguard
TrueVanguard

1 Credits 7 Posts
I think what adds to the diversity and dynamic gameplay of this game is the class variation. Each is really good at a few things. Learning to play to your class's strengths in pvp and how to avoid putting yourself at a disadvantage by letting another player use their strengths against you is what makes Crucible fun to me. I play totally differently when I play my Titan than my Warlock/Hunter. That being said, I don't think there are CLASS balances that need to take place. Weapon/gear? Yeah.
xorth
xorth

644 Credits 527 Posts
Going off the leaderboard is not a good way. Because the leaderboard is judging the top players, and the top players can still out match lesser players even if they use a weaker class. To prove which class is OP, we'd have to do stats on a macro level. Which we can do, and should do. Lets do that.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
The really odd thing with this is, after trying both a hunter and a titan in the crucible, I tend to do better overall as a titan. After having read all of the comments on how titans are underwhelming in crucible, I found this really surprising, actually. Overall, the titan has better survivability IMO, despite the supposed OP nature of the hunter super. I haven't leveled up my warlock enough to test the third class yet, but plan to in the coming weeks to see if I get the same results everyone else is getting. So far, I don't really find anything OP. Some things are annoying (like the invincible arc blade wielders) but overall, the classes seem to be pretty well balanced out between super supers and general overall toughness.
Bendur83
Bendur83

0 Credits 1 Posts
I think the main balancing issues are that players are assuming that each class should be equal across the board. This isn't a realistic expectation to have though as the differences between each class is what sets them apart/makes them unique.

The weapons balancing issues are also a comical note. In any other game you may play online that has unique items earned through achievements/purchases/RNG, those players with harder to obtain items almost always have an advantage over others without those items. That is how it needs to be, and how it should have stayed. Instead in the name of balance we attempt to fix what isn't broken until it is broke.

IMHO if you want perfect balance and a game where everyone has access to the same things go play COD. Wait a second though. If you are just bad other players will still have an advantage because as they rank up faster than you they also unlock perks and weapon attachments that you won't have. So for those who complained about balance have fun playing cod.

On a side note. It is kinda BS that I can't get super kills on my sunsinger warlock. I have tried everything from grenades to melee to shooting and have not been able to get a single super kill for the bounty. If I'm incorrect and there is a way please do tell.
SkinnyChefW
SkinnyChefW

0 Credits 3 Posts
The Bladedancer sub - class on the hunters needs redon in PVP it is completly over powered and spammed