Destiny 2 Tracker Network
nickSEESall13
nickSEESall13

0 Credits 9 Posts
I have been plenty of Destiny since the launch but I just reached Vanguard rank 3 and I am only Crucible rank 2. I think you need too much rep to level up in factions especially Crucible and Vanguard. What do you guys think? I hope this will change that they will lower rep point requirements.
Drakonadrgora
Drakonadrgora

1 Credits 4 Posts
It was done like this to make sure people did not rank them up too fast. You are not meant to be max rank at everything in just a months time playing no matter how good a player may be.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
It is possible that you're going about the rank hunt in the wrong way. Ranking up vanguard/factions is most effectively done using a combination of bounties and patrol missions, with every public event, daily story mission, and weekly/nightfall event you can complete. Most people make the mistake of trying to level up faction and vanguard rank by grinding strikes, which is a very slow way to go about it. Also, if you've equipped a faction class item, you will not progress in crucible or vanguard rank, but will rank up only that faction, which is another commonly made mistake.

hope this helps
Drakonadrgora
Drakonadrgora

1 Credits 4 Posts
katkikr said: Also, if you've equipped a faction class item, you will not progress in crucible or vanguard rank, but will rank up only that faction, which is another commonly made mistake.
hope this helps

Makes sense it would work that way. The cloak says all rep gains will be applied to x faction. Which would mean all rep of any kind would only be for that faction. Makes it faster to level of that one faction that way.
TrueVanguard
TrueVanguard

1 Credits 7 Posts
Hmm I haven't had a problem. I'm rank 6 in crucible on my main and 5 in vanguard. Between general gaming and turning in bounties, getting there didn't seem to take too long.
MasonJC360
MasonJC360

0 Credits 1 Posts
Yes. I play the game often and im only level 2 vanguard and 1 crucibal. It takes way to long for them to level up
N0doze89
N0doze89

0 Credits 6 Posts
I have to say it seems like a reasonable amount of time if you are focusing on one faction. And as katkikr said, bounties are vital.

Also keep in mind the game was designed for players to hit the level cap quickly in order to focus on equipment and gear. These things are meant to take a bit of time as they are a central focus of the post level 20 gameplay.
nickSEESall13
nickSEESall13

0 Credits 9 Posts
katkikr said:It is possible that you're going about the rank hunt in the wrong way. Ranking up vanguard/factions is most effectively done using a combination of bounties and patrol missions, with every public event, daily story mission, and weekly/nightfall event you can complete. Most people make the mistake of trying to level up faction and vanguard rank by grinding strikes, which is a very slow way to go about it. Also, if you've equipped a faction class item, you will not progress in crucible or vanguard rank, but will rank up only that faction, which is another commonly made mistake.

hope this helps

I know this but when I do two or three patrol missions and it gives me more rep than if I did a Tiger (or the hardest Vanguard strike) something is wrong.
nickSEESall13
nickSEESall13

0 Credits 9 Posts
Thanks for your opinion guys, I agree with what most of you guys/gals say. I will see if I can tweak your recommended tactics into something better and I will make sure to tell you on this thread.
N0doze89
N0doze89

0 Credits 6 Posts
nickSEESall13 said:
I know this but when I do two or three patrol missions and it gives me more rep than if I did a Tiger (or the hardest Vanguard strike) something is wrong.

Strike playlists are meant to be the fastest way to grind Vanguard Marks. I think they didn't want the Strike playlists to be too much of a "jack of all trades" sort of thing. It forces the player to participate in other aspects of the game to get rep.
otherwisek
otherwisek

0 Credits 1 Posts
I found that concentrating on either vanguard/crucible/faction rep one at a time is best.

Faction if you want quick legendary armor.

INsinCR
INsinCR

0 Credits 1 Posts
Personally havent run into that problem, and I only really play on weekends. So no I personally dont believe they're too high.
Especially since there are so many ways to gain reputation. Vanguard rep is almost too easy, similar can be said for factions since it really just needs the class item. Nightfall, heroic, strikes, and ofc bounties.

The slowness of Crucible is more understandable since some of its bounties require a fair amount of skill and patience (eg gunslinger). However, like i said I've also been playing at launch, only on weekends, yet I'm at rank 5, so I can't say I find the crucible rep requirements to be TOO high.
Enochrewt
Enochrewt

5 Credits 16 Posts
No, neither are too slow. They're supposed to be for the life of the game, so why should you be able to max out either after a couple of weeks of play? Life is not all about Instant gratification.