Destiny 2 Tracker Network

This thread is closed

Sarge88
Sarge88

5 Credits 18 Posts
So me and my wife were disicussing this yesterday, my 6 year old son loves to watch me play video games and he enjoys playing the games I buy him such as Transformers, games that dont involve stats and gear and conflict with other players. My ultimate question is this, What is the right age to start letting him actually play a game such as Destiny??? Alot of people ask, why would you ask a bunch of strangers this question? Well because you strangers are the ultimate decision, I would feel bad for throwing a kid to the wolves without him being properly prepared. I think he should know his common courtesy and his ability to take and handle critisicm before stepping into the big world of ONLINE gaming. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
katkikr
katkikr

81 Credits 75 Posts
4 Credit(s) Received
Honestly, I'd say let him age a bit before you introduce him to the world of online gaming. I don't see anything wrong with playing games with the kid, letting him go PVE with you and such. The problem is when you expose him to the online gaming world in the PvP sense, you also expose him to the bad behavior of gamers like p***ylicker420 and every other ill-mannerd, badly behaved a-hole in the gaming world. Let the kid reach an age where he can make informed, intelligent decisions on his own before you throw him in the mix with 20,000 undisciplined little pricks whose parents should be shot for allowing them to behave in the way that they do online. There's no real good reason to expose your kid to that kind of an influence before he's mature enough to understand that its sickening and wrong.
Sarge88
Sarge88

5 Credits 18 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
katkikr said:Honestly, I'd say let him age a bit before you introduce him to the world of online gaming. I don't see anything wrong with playing games with the kid, letting him go PVE with you and such. The problem is when you expose him to the online gaming world in the PvP sense, you also expose him to the bad behavior of gamers like p***ylicker420 and every other ill-mannerd, badly behaved a-hole in the gaming world. Let the kid reach an age where he can make informed, intelligent decisions on his own before you throw him in the mix with 20,000 undisciplined little pricks whose parents should be shot for allowing them to behave in the way that they do online. There's no real good reason to expose your kid to that kind of an influence before he's mature enough to understand that its sickening and wrong.
Well said Kat :)
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
2 Credit(s) Received
I'll have to agree with Kat here. Let him age a bit. Online gaming can mature a young lad in 2 ways, one for the better and one for the worse. Give it some time. He'll have an advantage with a gaming father vs. other kids whose parents just buy them CoD and dont tell them about trolls and all that other goodness involved in online gaming.
Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Your son is about half way to a good age for *some* online gaming
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
The age it says on the box, no matter what.

This thread is closed