Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Destiny 2 will receive an update tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Destiny 2 again after installing the update. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.
RhippiN
RhippiN

377 Credits 157 Posts
16 Credit(s) Received

Here is the souce for this post; all credit goes to Reddit User 'BkBunny87'

Quoted directly from the users post on Reddit

''Fellow Guardians,

Yesterday I had a post talking about my husband and his Doctor recommending Destiny to serve as a form of physical therapy for him following several brain surgeries. This community was amazing, and raid groups are being organized for him out of all the people who offered to help him.

But just as amazing, Deej contacted me and has sent my husband a care package from Bungie that is on the way. Then this morning, a message from Deej told us to have my husband check the post master. Lots of screaming ensued.

He has been sent the exotic gun Fate Of All Fools, a solar primary that is currently thought to be released in the upcoming Trials of Osiris-- and if not then with the next DLC.

Vision of Confluence had been my husbands dream weapon, as scout is his favorite and he wanted that solar damage. A more perfect weapon could not have been chosen. I'm so jealous, but mostly so damn happy for him. As for him-- well, you can imagine :)

Thank you guys for being such a caring community. Thank you Deej and the crew at Bungie, you've made him ecstatic.''

My thoughts

When Halo 3 launched Bungie had an exclusive armor set known as 'Recon' slowly they gave this out to the most worthy players; and i'm glad they are carrying on this tradition.

Even though giving an in-game item is a extremely easy thing to do; it has clearly made a positive impact following these surgeries and that is what counts the most to many people.

So thank you to DeeJ over at Bungie for making a positive impact on this guardians life following the above mentioned tough time.
Another thank you to Bkbunny87 for the news.

We all wish your husband a speedy and full recovery!

LINK TO THE ITEM DATABASE

By the way; this is single and only 'The Fate Of All Fools' in the game right now!
The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.
I D3FIN3 3LIT3
I D3FIN3 3LIT3

66 Credits 73 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Thats really cool
WiLdDEATHbrony
WiLdDEATHbrony

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
DANG! I WANTED THAT GUN FROM THE START OF MY DESTINY GAMEPLAY X_X Lucky guy! T_T
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Very cool indeed. I have said this before, but will say it again; say what you will about the Destiny game (like or hate), but Bungie is one of the best companies when it comes to handling / helping their gaming community. I met a few employees when I was at PAX this last year and they were as excited to talk to me as I was to talk to them. Really engaging people who are just genuinely nice.
MegaSword
MegaSword

68 Credits 20 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
As someone who uses Scout Rifles as my Primary weapons, I have to say I'm super SUPER jelly.
Fate of all Fools and Mida Multi-Tool are my dream weapons. I'll hopefully have both of these in the future. Great post Rippin!
Ryuk1Storm
Ryuk1Storm

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Nice! Good job Bungie!!
Cucho Jimenez
Cucho Jimenez

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Love this kind of things !
Destiny for me is about all of this, love you all !
Anakha
Anakha

1 Credits 2 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Awesome!! Kudos to Bungie for this one!
KARI W
KARI W

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Awesome,

Way to lead by example Bungie. This is another reason why the community around these games is so great. The attitude is involved, personal, supportive and interactive. Keep it up everyone.
stargazergr
stargazergr

51 Credits 24 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
That was an awesome gesture !! Destiny community is a big family
David Stevens
David Stevens

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Brilliant, both using the game as therapy and Bungie recognising the individual in a way that will make the pleasure of playing that bit sweeter. My best wishes to him, his wife, family and friends and a big shout out to Bungie for a compassion act.
R2theeFleX
R2theeFleX

10 Credits 17 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
If its true that bungie only gives random items like this to people who deserve them. Not to be rude but what was it that he did to earn the gun? One would think this kind of reward would go to someone who is a top 1% player or someone who has beat the raid on hard more then anyone what make him so special??
BUC EM DOWN
BUC EM DOWN

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
RippinHeads said:

Here is the souce for this post; all credit goes to Reddit User 'BkBunny87'

Quoted directly from the users post on Reddit

''Fellow Guardians,

Yesterday I had a post talking about my husband and his Doctor recommending Destiny to serve as a form of physical therapy for him following several brain surgeries. This community was amazing, and raid groups are being organized for him out of all the people who offered to help him.

But just as amazing, Deej contacted me and has sent my husband a care package from Bungie that is on the way. Then this morning, a message from Deej told us to have my husband check the post master. Lots of screaming ensued.

He has been sent the exotic gun Fate Of All Fools, a solar primary that is currently thought to be released in the upcoming Trials of Osiris-- and if not then with the next DLC.

Vision of Confluence had been my husbands dream weapon, as scout is his favorite and he wanted that solar damage. A more perfect weapon could not have been chosen. I'm so jealous, but mostly so damn happy for him. As for him-- well, you can imagine :)

Thank you guys for being such a caring community. Thank you Deej and the crew at Bungie, you've made him ecstatic.''

My thoughts

When Halo 3 launched Bungie had an exclusive armor set known as 'Recon' slowly they gave this out to the most worthy players; and i'm glad they are carrying on this tradition.

Even though giving an in-game item is a extremely easy thing to do; it has clearly made a positive impact following these surgeries and that is what counts the most to many people.

So thank you to DeeJ over at Bungie for making a positive impact on this guardians life following the above mentioned tough time.
Another thank you to Bkbunny87 for the news.

We all wish your husband a speedy and full recovery!

LINK TO THE ITEM DATABASE

By the way; this is single and only 'The Fate Of All Fools' in the game right now!

A few years back I lost my home and all my belonging in a fire. We had insurance and realized quickly that the stuff lost was just stuff and could and would be replaced(no one got hurt). My friends from MUT(madden ultimate team) all chipped in and sent me a PSN card to open packs which was very considerate of them. I tried to give it back but they wouldn't have it telling them that we would be fine and to spend the money on their families instead(was 1 week before xmas). Then I got a msg from Josh Looman from EA Sports and he put a card I really wanted in my account. It was a small thing but meant the world to me! I think this is wonderful(especially being the only one with that gun that many people want!) I hope everything gets better health wise!
Lysander101
Lysander101

1 Credits 1 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
Congrats!
R2theeFleX
R2theeFleX

10 Credits 17 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
yeah congrats seems a little off to me now bungie is going to have a bunch of people telling them their real life problems to see if they will get rewarded. (Not saying this is what happened to this player).
aman601
aman601

0 Credits 1 Posts
Man I'm jealous lol...all I had was gallbladder and appendics surgery and I must say...hope he recovers well
Zeronkg17
Zeronkg17

0 Credits 1 Posts
Good show Bungie good show :)
Callsign
Callsign

0 Credits 6 Posts
Okay, someone has to play devil's advocate, so i guess that has fallen to me.

Let me start off by saying that i do see the compassion in the act performed by Deej and the people at Bungie. The gesture is very nice. As a Special Olympics volunteer for 17 years, and a regular volunteer for children with special needs, i think the notion of doing something special for those less fortunate is indeed heartwarming.

On the other hand, i have to ask a great big "What the Hell?" How is this in any way fair to the Destiny community? Apparently all destiny players are not created equal. Apparently some deserve to given special treatment and have exotic weapons dropped into their lap. Not just any exotic weapon, but one that no one else can even access. Does this mean that Bungie is going to do a survey, find all the disabled/handicapped players and give them all unearned exotic weapons? Or are they just going to give this one individual the Fate of all Fools?

Did we not all pay the same price for this game? Are we all not granted the same opportunities in the virtual world that is Destiny? While this may be a kindhearted gesture to a single individual, it is a great big "%*[email protected] YOU!" to everyone else.

I've said my peace. Agree with it or don't, that's up to you. But apply even the simplest of logic and you will conclude this is in no way fair to Destiny Community as a whole. I guess the concept of serving the entire community equally is lost.

Morarn
Morarn

180 Credits 295 Posts
Wow some of you need to chill the -blam!- out

Equal opportunity,not equal results. Yes he got something because bungie did something generous for the community. Yes, you should get it too, but not because someone else has something you dont.

Calm the F down and shut up. Watch this movie as well:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20n68p_2081-everyone-will-finally-be-equal-short-film-adaptation-2009-of-kurt-vonnegut-jr-s-harrison-berge_shortfilms