Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Jaxinc
Jaxinc

20 Credits 18 Posts
6 Credit(s) Received
I've tried running with people on here for raids and had very mixed results... most were terrible... but I'll get to that.

First off, level 30s, you guys need to actually 'bite the bullet' and run with 29s once and a while. I literally had three 30s bail on me this morning because they didn't want to run with 29s on hard. I could understand if say they were level 28s, or didn't have fully leveled weapons... but not a team running raid weapons, leveled, and all of us 29. It's one thing to say no to a 26 or 27 because of how squishy they are, but a 29? Come on.

Everyone was 29 at some point until the RNG god descended and granted you the pieces for 30... There is ZERO skill involved in getting to 30 in this game, and it is ALL up to RNG. I'm really tired of seeing this 'holier than though' attitude from people that got lucky enough to find the pieces for 30 while everyone else got shards. My best run from start to finish on hard with one thirty in my team was an hour and thirty minutes not cheesing anything. While I spent 2+ hours today trying to get passed the gatekeepers from incompetent people and at every wipe I had 20-40 kills while the rest had 15 or less...

To 29s and below... PLEASE LEARN TO PLAY THE RAID IN ADVANCE. To say after an hour of wiping that "I didn't know hob goblins could one hit" when you're level 29, and claimed to have completed the raid on hard multiple times. This is unacceptable and frustrates the entire team having to 'reset' because a single person died. Equally don't go issuing orders for people to do things when you're not the highest level in the party, nor the most experienced.

I experienced a lot of bsing today that I've never seen before running with friends... I've seen a lot of deaths today that were a "really?" moment.

I /was/ able to teach people some things about the raid they didn't know... and that was a good thing, but when people don't listen it does little good.

In short.
Youtube, watch videos, learn.
Ingame, watch people that know what they are doing and DON'T CHARGE AHEAD EVER. Clear one area at a time and progress slowly, if you charge into a room with 20+ yellow bars what do you think is going to happen?
Ask for advice if you don't know, someone will know.
DONT swap to armor you're awarded in the middle of a raid... it WILL drop your level and NO it is not better YET.
Please maybe play some PVP to get experience in fast paced moments?

Sounds like a lot of ranting, but I stuck around for 2 hours hoping people would catch on... Definitely not saying I'm the best, but I can pull my weight when needed.

I REALLY WONDER how bungie thinks match making on the Raid will work when LFG sure as hell doesn't, at least for me it hasn't.

Meh, probably the only post I'll make here because of shear frustration assuming people running on HARD at level 29 would know WTF they were doing.

Lastly if anyone looks at my profile or K/D
Hunter = me
Warlock = fiance
Titan = roommate
We're poor and all play on my account.
Daimyon
Daimyon

174 Credits 119 Posts
I feel your pain. I have a 29 of each class at this point and it's been 4 weeks without a drop for any of them to push them to 30. I've even been bored enough to reroll a character from time to time and level them back to 20 just so I could have another run at the raid that week. Yet, I have people on my friends list who go everything they need in 2 weeks.
I know the raid like the back of my hand and can do it flawlessly, but I've stayed away from hard modes because, for the most part, from my experience, people just don't seem to understand that if you die because you were doing something stupid or trying to be funny, you're wasting everyone's time. Too many times has someone died and tried to laugh it off, or blame something else.
In short, sigh.
I D3FIN3 3LIT3
I D3FIN3 3LIT3

66 Credits 73 Posts
The way I see it if most of your armor and all of your weapons are 300 damage you should be able to go on a raid on hard, like juts take 3 29's with these and 3 30's and the raid can still be done without too much stress.
I D3FIN3 3LIT3
I D3FIN3 3LIT3

66 Credits 73 Posts
.
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Jaxinc said:
Lastly if anyone looks at my profile or K/D
Hunter = me
Warlock = fiance
Titan = roommate
We're poor and all play on my account.


Unless you're someone famous, nobody is going to care.
Jaxinc
Jaxinc

20 Credits 18 Posts
Swat said:
Jaxinc said:
Lastly if anyone looks at my profile or K/D
Hunter = me
Warlock = fiance
Titan = roommate
We're poor and all play on my account.


Unless you're someone famous, nobody is going to care.

I've had comments before on my K/D on halo crap, figured I'd get the same here.
Electro Dragon14
Electro Dragon14

0 Credits 1 Posts
can anyone help me beat atheon hard
Level 29 hunter
PSN: Electro_Dragon14 PS3
Daimyon
Daimyon

174 Credits 119 Posts
I D3FIN3 3LIT3 said:The way I see it if most of your armor and all of your weapons are 300 damage you should be able to go on a raid on hard, like juts take 3 29's with these and 3 30's and the raid can still be done without too much stress.

The problem is that the lower your level, the less damage you will do and the more damage you will take. So if you are a 29 going into a level 30 raid, you have to be extra vigilant to not die, and make sure you know what you have to do. A 29 who grabs the relic on Atheon's fight will more than likely die because of this difference. When you take 3 29s, you run the risk of Atheon teleporting all 3 29s, or even worse, glitching out and only teleporting 2 level 29s. If this happens, it's almost always a wipe.
So it's not that people don't want to take a level 29, it's just that people who are level 29 don't often understand what it is they are asking of the rest of the raid when they take them. It's always a bit of roll of the dice.
Jaxinc
Jaxinc

20 Credits 18 Posts
Daimyon said:
I D3FIN3 3LIT3 said:The way I see it if most of your armor and all of your weapons are 300 damage you should be able to go on a raid on hard, like juts take 3 29's with these and 3 30's and the raid can still be done without too much stress.

The problem is that the lower your level, the less damage you will do and the more damage you will take. So if you are a 29 going into a level 30 raid, you have to be extra vigilant to not die, and make sure you know what you have to do. A 29 who grabs the relic on Atheon's fight will more than likely die because of this difference. When you take 3 29s, you run the risk of Atheon teleporting all 3 29s, or even worse, glitching out and only teleporting 2 level 29s. If this happens, it's almost always a wipe.
So it's not that people don't want to take a level 29, it's just that people who are level 29 don't often understand what it is they are asking of the rest of the raid when they take them. It's always a bit of roll of the dice.


http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2mfrfx/some_testing_with_voc_and_level_30_vex_mobs/
A LOT has to do with attack level... I've seen people go into the raid with weapons that were almost base stats thinking they could do it... no, uh uh... absolutely not. Even had one kid running blue weapons....

This is also why I said 29s need to know what to do and get experience, because they are going to take that much more damage. Personally I can at 29 go in and clear out the entire area of gate keeper taking out all the yellow bars without much issue... some however will charge in and get 1hit immediately. Difference in knowledge and skill here.

With that being said I'm 30 now thanks to Iron Banner arms and will be running with people regardless of 29 status on hard... the exception being 27s on the normal raid, just no...
I D3FIN3 3LIT3
I D3FIN3 3LIT3

66 Credits 73 Posts
Jaxinc said:
Daimyon said:
I D3FIN3 3LIT3 said:The way I see it if most of your armor and all of your weapons are 300 damage you should be able to go on a raid on hard, like juts take 3 29's with these and 3 30's and the raid can still be done without too much stress.

The problem is that the lower your level, the less damage you will do and the more damage you will take. So if you are a 29 going into a level 30 raid, you have to be extra vigilant to not die, and make sure you know what you have to do. A 29 who grabs the relic on Atheon's fight will more than likely die because of this difference. When you take 3 29s, you run the risk of Atheon teleporting all 3 29s, or even worse, glitching out and only teleporting 2 level 29s. If this happens, it's almost always a wipe.
So it's not that people don't want to take a level 29, it's just that people who are level 29 don't often understand what it is they are asking of the rest of the raid when they take them. It's always a bit of roll of the dice.


http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2mfrfx/some_testing_with_voc_and_level_30_vex_mobs/
A LOT has to do with attack level... I've seen people go into the raid with weapons that were almost base stats thinking they could do it... no, uh uh... absolutely not. Even had one kid running blue weapons....

This is also why I said 29s need to know what to do and get experience, because they are going to take that much more damage. Personally I can at 29 go in and clear out the entire area of gate keeper taking out all the yellow bars without much issue... some however will charge in and get 1hit immediately. Difference in knowledge and skill here.

With that being said I'm 30 now thanks to Iron Banner arms and will be running with people regardless of 29 status on hard... the exception being 27s on the normal raid, just no...

Ya I mean you need experience before you even consider doing it on hard do it like 5 times have full leveled weapons (Legendary or exotic NO BLUE) and fairly good armor with one raid piece and a mic if you have all that I would have no issue in having a level 29.
El Michel
El Michel

1 Credits 5 Posts
Watching youtube video's etc is one thing, but doing it yourself is a different experience, and everybody has to learn it at one point or another.
Bane
Bane

35 Credits 65 Posts
Jaxinc said:I've tried running with people on here for raids and had very mixed results... most were terrible... but I'll get to that.

First off, level 30s, you guys need to actually 'bite the bullet' and run with 29s once and a while. I literally had three 30s bail on me this morning because they didn't want to run with 29s on hard. I could understand if say they were level 28s, or didn't have fully leveled weapons... but not a team running raid weapons, leveled, and all of us 29. It's one thing to say no to a 26 or 27 because of how squishy they are, but a 29? Come on.


Doing the raid is an investment. If the level 30s see that the raid is going to be more trouble than it's worth, they won't stick with it. You can't tell them to suck it up and tough it out. They are helping you, not the other way around.

Jaxinc said:
To 29s and below... PLEASE LEARN TO PLAY THE RAID IN ADVANCE. To say after an hour of wiping that "I didn't know hob goblins could one hit" when you're level 29, and claimed to have completed the raid on hard multiple times. This is unacceptable and frustrates the entire team having to 'reset' because a single person died. Equally don't go issuing orders for people to do things when you're not the highest level in the party, nor the most experienced.


Now this, I would agree with. Although I think the first time through a raid should be complete and total ignorance. It is so much fun to figure things out on your own. But if you match up with a group on an LFG site, you should really save them all the trouble and learn the ropes.
Andrew Trudeau
Andrew Trudeau

0 Credits 4 Posts
I need some higher level people to help me do nightfalls as I am lvl 27. I have a horrible K/D ratio but I rarely ever play crucible, and the times that I have, I am trying to get the exotic bounty for the Thorn hand cannon, and it didnt work out for me too well, but anyway I want to be able to run the Nightfall strike, so if you are 29 or 30 please lend a hand. Much appreciated
Hello Im Swat
Hello Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
Andrew Trudeau said:


Please use the Looking For Group page to find people to play with.

Thanks.