Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate
Rave Badguy
Rave Badguy

0 Credits 2 Posts
Maybe it's a bit of an overkill guys but do you have any plans for LFG/LFM rooms? That is, the kind they have in a game like Starcraft.

For people that are LFM
You're looking for members to do that Weekly nightfall. You go to destiny tracker and to the LFG page.

Make a group and configure it.
- Group title
- Activity type and level
- Minimum level

Start! And wait... within 3 minutes you have your party together and you can invite each other in the game.

For people that are LFG
Looking for a group on LFG you can now join groups!

- Set a filter for the event you wanna do
- Search for groups
- Join a group

Add the people in the room to your friendslist and start gaming. Use the chat if you don't have a mic!

Sadly Destiny doesn't offer this kind of service but it would be a huge upgrade to matchmaking in general. Keep the public chat room! Start groups together to get stuff done!
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
We already have a way to make people produce groups,

And it doesn't make sense to auto assign people here, because there is no way to send invities into games, like WoW/starcraft.

Personally i'd like to improve LFG, but that means easier to use and explore.

But i'm not sure what you are suggesting over our current system?
Rave Badguy
Rave Badguy

0 Credits 2 Posts
Tyyger said:We already have a way to make people produce groups,

And it doesn't make sense to auto assign people here, because there is no way to send invities into games, like WoW/starcraft.

Personally i'd like to improve LFG, but that means easier to use and explore.

But i'm not sure what you are suggesting over our current system?

I think the problem is that I totally missed that feature. Just been looking around this morning and found exactly what I was aiming for ;(... oops. Is it me or are just not many people aware of this feature then? Auto assigning is never a thing that i mentioned and I know it wouldn't work either.

The functionality you offer right now works, but it should be easier to explore as you said. How about a change in UI? Left side chat window, right side list of groups that have been made? Underneath that list you can work with the make group button. Joining a group should be as simple as double clicking one, get some more info about thats happening in there and then hitting the join button.

The thing is that you don't have lobbies you can work with. You can send a message to the player that made the "group" but essentially you are just sending messages and not joining a group. You won't know when a group is full or ready for that matter. And the player that made the group can still be overwhelmed by messages instead.

Sorry for posting what you already had ;). Hope you can work with this.