Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Daimyon
Daimyon

174 Credits 119 Posts
Coming from someone who has now been on both sides of the Vex Mythoclast, I just wanted to give my opinion.

The Mythoclast was quite the mission to get my hands on, so I was excited to get it when it dropped. I spent two days doing bounties to get it fully upgraded and noticed a few things. The first thing I noticed is that you can't hold very much reserve ammo for the weapon, something around 140 extra rounds. With the upgrade, the magazine goes from 21 rounds to 54 rounds, but that only really compounds the problem. Another thing, on that subject, it may just be psychological, but it feels like I am finding less primary ammo when I'm using the Mythoclast, it could be I notice it more because I am constantly having to look for ammo due to the low amount of reserve ammo.
On the upside, it does help me finish up the Grimoire card for fusion rifle kills, which may not matter for some people, but I'm a bit of a grimoire collector.
Now, in PVP, this is where it gets the most attention because of it's apparent strength. However, I can say with confidence that it is pretty much on par with SUROS Regime in terms of actual strength. There doesn't seem to be any reason to bring it into PVP if you already have Regime. Yes, it outperforms pretty much all other guns, save for maybe Timur's Lash if you have good aim and upgrades, but it's definitely not what I'd expect from the hardest weapon to obtain. Thankfully, the reload speed is fairly quick, and with PVP, primary ammo isn't much of a worry, so that knocks off one of it's downfalls.
In closing, I like the gun, but I don't love it. It just doesn't make me feel like I'm holding the game's ultimate weapon.
Haterssss
Haterssss

0 Credits 2 Posts
It used too.
Radical Scopez
Radical Scopez

22 Credits 41 Posts
I would agree with this " assessment" for the most part but i believe the mag is only 36 or so after the nerf. I also believe you get less ammo drop because when you kill a target their bodies disintegrate and it might just be me but enemies don't drop ammo when their bodies disintegrate or its at least uncommon. And for PvP the weapon definitely is strong but i don't find it any more OP than a legendary auto rifle with good handling.
Edit: I just realized how old the post was so it might have been before the update.
Daimyon
Daimyon

174 Credits 119 Posts
The post was made before the update. My opinion has somewhat changed since then, but at this point it's not really worth making a second assessment.