Destiny 2 Tracker Network
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
12 Credit(s) Received

Greetings, Guardians. Today I will be featuring an incredible PvP player named Baconators Live. Baconators currently is the first and ONLY player to have earned three DTR TrueSkill 50 ranks. He currently has a 50 in Control, Clash and Skirmish. When I learned of this feat, I wanted needed to know what makes this Guardian tick. Hopefully some of these answers will help me up my somewhat (read: very) lacking PvP skills.

Introduce yourself, Guardian. Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to? What is your first name, what is your favorite class of guardian, and what is it about Destiny PvP that you like so much?

Hi! I'm Brandon but my online friends call me Bacon. A lot of people think I'm heavy because of my Gamertag but I'm only 157 pounds, standing at 6'1". I'm older than most gamers and I'll leave it at that lol. My favorite class is a Hunter but I've been thinking about making a Warlock lately. What I like most about Destiny PvP is playing with my friends. I never thought I would meet such cool and respectful gamers playing Destiny. I also love getting those sweet headshot's and hearing that cha-ching sound it makes when I do!

Ahh there is nothing like a sweet headshot sound effect in a shooter. What controller settings do you use that allow you to hear that sound so frequently?

I use the Jumper button layout. My stick layout is default. I play on 5 sensitivity with controller vibration turned off.

You've managed to maintain a solid K/D of over 4.0 since the games release. Do you attribute this to map smarts and strategy, gun skill, or a combination of both? Tell us your secrets!!

I've managed to hold a solid k/d throughout destiny by playing smart, not hard. I learned a lot of my gun skill and map awareness by playing many years of Halo. That game breeds tryhards lol. If I hear that fusion rifle charging, I'm not gonna poke out to see what kind of fusion rifle you have. I'm going to find another way to get at you or try and lure you out to me. I like to bait people. Think of it like cat and mouse but little do they know it's me playing the cat. If I know a guy is running shotgun and waiting for me around a corner. I will push just enough to get his attention then lay into him with headshots when he charges for the kill. Agility is a must if you adopt this play style. Also if you come across good players on your team or on the enemy team send them a message saying GG afterwards or even a friend request! Playing with good teammates doesn't hurt either, the worst they can do is decline it.

Do you feel that our leaderboards encourage you to play more, play better, and have a positive impact on your time as a guardian in the Crucible?

Yes, being able to see every aspect of my gameplay on DestinyTracker has helped me become a stronger and better player in Destiny. I'm on this site a lot, looking at peoples stats and weapons. Seeing whats working for them and trying it out for myself! What I love most about DestinyTracker is that it keeps on improving with new features and stat info. It's a must use site for all Destiny players.

What is your class setup of choice? What is your weapon load-out of choice?

On my hunter I used gunslinger for a long time. The power of the golden gun is not to be taken lightly. I have recently switched to bladedancer because of the ability perks like blink and guns ready. Plus the bladedancer's nade is much better in my opinion. I like to use a hand cannon with a sniper secondary. Heavy weapons I tend to switch depending on the map and the playlist.

Give us 3 tips you would share with us that can make players better.

1. Look at your radar. It's your best friend in the crucible.
2. Learn the spawn points for each map.
3. Realize what guns your opponents are using.

Prior to Destiny, what games were you playing? Do you have a history with FPS shooters?

I played the crap out of Halo. I also liked Fable 2 and the Splinter Cell games. I guess thats why I like Destiny so much because they have a mixture of both PvP and PvE. You can't do one without the other. I like that aspect of Destiny.

Now that you have earned 3 TrueSkill 50's, do you plan on grinding for more of the same in the other playlists?

I'm going for my 4th 50 right now although I'm in no hurry. I started playing rumble pit recently and let me tell you, for some odd reason it loves to throw me into games that are already started and I'm 1600 points down from the start. It's no easy task coming back from that big of a score difference, but I'll get it eventually. Besides, I don't see any people getting three 50's anytime soon but I have been proven wrong before. I will be the first player to have true skill 50's in all the playlist (oh yes it will happen).

If given the choice, what about Destiny PvP would you change and why?

10. This is a touchy subject for me but I guess if anything i would just love to be able to play Destiny on GameBattles. I hope Bungie adds private lobbies soon (plzzzzzzzz).

What keeps you motivated to keep playing the Crucible?

I decided after the beta to start streaming and I knew I had the skills to be a top player in Destiny. So I grind PvP a lot to stay in the top leaderboards and I hope that one day I will have plenty of happy viewers hanging out with me everyday and enjoying the stream. I also love the true skill ranking system. I said to myself, "that 50 looks pretty cool I think i'd like to have all of my playlist's say 50." So thats my goal for now and after that I'll see whats next!

Any final words? (not a death threat) or shoutouts?

I'd like to thank Rx Bird and Everyshot for being the best teammates a Destiny player could ask for. When you see us in your game lobby you'd better be ready! I'd also like to thank all of my friends on XBL for all of the support and good times I've had over the last few months (love you guys).

I'd like to thank Baconators for sitting down and chatting with me. That said, I feel as though this man needs some challengers! So step up Guardians. Show him the true meaning of competition!
The Traveler
The Traveler

30 Credits 198 Posts
This post was promoted to the homepage as news! Congratulations. Reputation points were given to OP for their great post.
Hey Im Swat
Hey Im Swat

438 Credits 1521 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Yay, spotlight is back! Always enjoyed these from HaloTracker.com

Good job, Baconators! :)
B
B

60 Credits 45 Posts
TheBigL said:Baconators currently is the first and ONLY player to have earned three HTR TrueSkill 50 ranks.

I think you mean DTR.

On Topic, it was an awesome interview, and congratulations to Baconators.
Baconators Live
Baconators Live

24 Credits 16 Posts
3 Credit(s) Received
Thank you again DTR <3
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
B said:
TheBigL said:Baconators currently is the first and ONLY player to have earned three HTR TrueSkill 50 ranks.

I think you mean DTR.

On Topic, it was an awesome interview, and congratulations to Baconators.

Heh.. woops! Fixed it. Thanks.
Angelic Dj
Angelic Dj

0 Credits 1 Posts
Bacon, when are you going to start playing on XB1, or has that already happened?
StraightWreckin
StraightWreckin

0 Credits 1 Posts
Just wondering, how do you contact the players who are in the spotlight? Do you message them through the forum? Skype call? Send a message through PSN/Xbox Live? I don't get it.