Destiny 2 Tracker Network
Love the site? Show us love
Learn More Donate
sharpcoolman
sharpcoolman

0 Credits 1 Posts
Hey folks i just got destiny i am 26 so please bear with me. I am not very good when it come to mmo's but i love this game. My question is how do i level up the fastest how do i get the good stuff like rare and legendary armor and weapons. Were and how do i join raids. Fill me in please.
Radical Scopez
Radical Scopez

22 Credits 41 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
BEWARE WALL OF TEXT
Recently the best way to get high light level gear is to simply buy it from the crucible or vanguard quartermasters located in the tower. You'll need to have either vanguard or crucible marks that you earn by playing vanguard strikes or crucible. You will also need to be at least level two in either category and for some pices you will need commendations which you earn by leveling up the categories beyond level 3. You can also earn legendary gauntlets by completing one of the Eris quests Urn of Sacrifice. Then simply upgrade the gear for more light.

Another way to earn gear if by doing the raid which you will need to find a group ahead of time for. The raid is difficult and you will need good gear and weapons not to mention experience to beat it. You can find players to play with here: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/lfg People are normally looking for high levels to play with so I recommend leveling up to at least 29 maybe 30 before finding a group. I also reccomend watching someone else on youtube beat the raid so you will know what to do ahead of time.

Hope I helped :)
Daimyon
Daimyon

174 Credits 119 Posts
1 Credit(s) Received
We were all noobs at one point or another. Don't be ashamed to ask for help, it's the best way to learn. The Destiny Tracker community is very accepting and helpful.

That being said, doing the strike playlists will quickly furnish you with a decent set of rare gear which will get you up to around lvl 24-26. You also have a chance of getting legendary engrams as a reward. Strike playlists also have other advantages, such as helping you get vanguard reputation. On top of that, as you decrypt the engrams you get from the strikes, the cryptarch will also level up and reward you with stuff in the mail.

It's also handy to do your bounties every day, it's the fastest way to level up Vanguard rep, and once you hit rank 3, you start getting rewards in the mail for each rank after that which usually consists of a legendary piece.

Lastly, the weekly Nightfall is a great place to get gear once a week. Granted it's now been bumped up to lvl 30, if you have some good friends who don't mind taking you through it to help you gear up, you're almost guaranteed a legendary and a good chance at an exotic. The weekly strike has a pretty good chance at legendary engrams, and always gives strange coins, which you use to buy gear from Xur on the weekends.

There's a few ways you can work on your gear. Good luck!

EDIT: I just thought about it, but now that the Iron Banner is back, it is a great way to get yourself some gauntlets and boots if you don't mind a lil PVP.