Destiny 2 Tracker Network
R2theeFleX
R2theeFleX

10 Credits 17 Posts
Seeing how the the hard mode raid is coming I think it's safe to say the Oversoul is going to play a bigger role in the crota fight. Im trying to get information from everyone on their opinions on what guns are the best to take down the Oversoul. From what I see most RPGs are useless besides the ghala. So let me hear your opinions
Daimyon
Daimyon

174 Credits 119 Posts
You have a few seconds between the point when it says the oversoul is summoned and when you can actually damage it. I use those seconds to reload my primary and secondary weapons. I unload all of my primary, then swap to my secondary, reloading during oversoul is a no no.
R2theeFleX
R2theeFleX

10 Credits 17 Posts
I agree with ur statement 100% but I know this already I'm looking for a more specific details like what exact weapons do the most damage it the Oversoul
Daimyon
Daimyon

174 Credits 119 Posts
Well something to keep in mind is weapons with shorter range will experience significantly more falloff than ones with longer ranges since the Oversoul appears to be rather far back. You'd probably be best with a scout rifle, at least that's my best guess.
Radical Scopez
Radical Scopez

22 Credits 41 Posts
Its pretty obvious to anyone who can read but the raid helmet increases damage during oversoul and the chest piece increases reload speed.

As far as weapons are concerned i like to use either a scout rifle or the fatebringer if I don't have any ammo for my sniper. One of the best exotics to run if you don't have anything better is the Ice Breaker which almost everyone should have now that Xur sold it.

Also, a weapons of light bubble is always good.
Gotab
Gotab

0 Credits 4 Posts
A lot of the people I do the raid with think that fatebringer is going to be useless in the hard raid because it wont have enough base damage to be as affective. Of coarse we won't know for sure until tomorrow.
Daimyon
Daimyon

174 Credits 119 Posts
Fatebringer = Master Race of Hand Cannons. The major appeal of the Fatebringer is Firefly, it helps clear out a lot of the trash thralls that spawn. When it comes to the oversoul, it's pretty much preference. Although, I would suspect something with high range would be helpful.
R2theeFleX
R2theeFleX

10 Credits 17 Posts
I agree with that the weapon you use should be one with good range I've come to find out fusion rifles work ok not the best is rather just use the maxed out ice breaker. I also think having full raid gear and not a exotic peace of armor will help out a lot to existentially the helmets ability a with added damage