Destiny 2 Tracker Network
kingsneakking
kingsneakking

6 Credits 7 Posts
i've consistently seen issues with true skill, but it recently became glaringly evident after i checked the stats of this guy we finished ce with last night

i'm first, then my clan mate, then the guy we played with last night...what gives?

kingsneakking:

revolutionzero-:

shadow05king:
edge
edge

329 Credits 395 Posts
kingsneakking said:i've consistently seen issues with true skill, but it recently became glaringly evident after i checked the stats of this guy we finished ce with last night

i'm first, then my clan mate, then the guy we played with last night...what gives?

our trueskill system takes time to give players an accurate rating. Initial stat collection can sometimes give a player a higher trueskill because we are giving them a estimated skill to begin with. After several more games and regular stat collections, you will then see the skill alter to a more accurate rating.

hope you understand - thanks!
kingsneakking
kingsneakking

6 Credits 7 Posts
it's just odd that my stats are better across the board than my clan mate in clash, yet he's always a level or two higher

also, if you compare my control and shadow05king's clash, the dtr scores are basically the same, yet he's way out in front in true skill
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
kingsneakking said:it's just odd that my stats are better across the board than my clan mate in clash, yet he's always a level or two higher

also, if you compare my control and shadow05king's clash, the dtr scores are basically the same, yet he's way out in front in true skill

As Edge said, the first time you collect, you're initial stat collection can sometimes give a higher rating then expected. Looking at your friends recent clash activity, I can say its sparse. He has played approximately 10 game in the past month. Now, if he were playing at the same rate as you, and not doing as well as you, the trueskill score would level out in terms of his going down. Also, according to his trueskill raking history, he was rated a level 20 only 17 days ago. At the time of that collection, he had 178 of his 181 clash games played. His score won't go up or down if they playlist isnt played.

Regarding the Control DTR Score... DTR score is a cumulative formula similar to bungie's in game scoring system. This means that things add up and don't go down, unless you were to AFK all game and do nothing but die. That means that the more games that you have of a certain gametype, the more likely to have a higher score than someone who only has 1/3rd of the games played in the same gametype.

One more thing.. remember, at one point you WERE in fact a level 20 in clash, but have since dropped. This just goes to show that the formula DOES work in a sense of going up or down. Problem is, your buddy doesnt play it all that much, thus you will see no movement.
kingsneakking
kingsneakking

6 Credits 7 Posts
update: still broken

i play most of my pvp games with revolutionzero- our games played and wins are very close, yet i'm a 16 and he's an 18

kingsneakking:

revolutionzero-:
Tyyger
Tyyger

521 Credits 288 Posts
kingsneakking said:update: still broken

i play most of my pvp games with revolutionzero- our games played and wins are very close, yet i'm a 16 and he's an 18

kingsneakking:

revolutionzero-:

Passed this on to Xorth, It needs to be checked, but i'm sure there will be a reason.

True skill equations aren't known by any staff by Xorth, so he'll have to see this.
TheBigL
TheBigL

252 Credits 504 Posts
kingsneakking said:update: still broken

kingsneakking:

revolutionzero-:

Still not broken. This falls back to what I talked about before which is the INITIAL ranking that we give you when you first collect your stats on the site.
If you look at your clan mate's true skill history at the bottom of his playlist page, you will see that when they first collected their stats here, they were ranked with a 20. They have over time gone from a 21, up to a 22, back down, back up, and so on until we reached where we are now which for them is an 18.

When you first collected your stats, you were ranked an 18. You initially dropped, then went all the way back up to a 20 and are currently a 16 (just about to hit 17 again, according to the progress % bar).

What you seem to be confused about is that you both have very similar stats, but your ranking is different. There are many variables that go into the rank difference. One being your "given" rank when you first collect, whether you were on a hot streak when you first collected, win streaks and so on.

If you and your friend both play together consistently and win / lose together, then it stands to be said that the ranking is working accurately as you have both dropped ranks (3 for him, 2 for you) since your initial collection. Now, if you both played together all the time, and he was going up and you were going down, regardless of W/L record, I would agree and say that it's broken.
kingsneakking
kingsneakking

6 Credits 7 Posts
I understand needing an initial rating that is somewhat arbitrary, I believe that Jeff Sagarin does something similar with his sports ratings, since there is little or no data to work with at the beginning of a season.

However, once sufficient data is collected, the initial arbitrary number should be discounted and you work with the data at hand.

justinc6x4
justinc6x4

0 Credits 1 Posts
Hmm. I've always played around 8-12 on the skill level.