Premium users don't see ads. Upgrade for $3/mo Upgrade for $3/mo

Destiny Tracker Elo

Elo Tiers

• Challenger - Top 500 Guardians (1700 req.)
  • Diamond - 1700+
  • Platinum - 1500+
  • Gold - 1300+
  • Silver - 1100+
  • Bronze - All Others

Destiny Tracker provides Elo ratings for every destiny player who plays PvP or Gambit.  The process is simply, we go match by match, per playlist, and process each match and use Elo.  That said - Elo was created for Chess, a 1v1 game, to track a players rating and predict who would win betwen two players.  We have modified this formula to work for team based matches. That's not the only modification though - We've made other changes to reward players who do better in the match.

The primary indicator of whether you gain or lose Elo though is if you won or not.  As you win, your Elo gains will go up, however, who you won/lost against matters.  If you beat a team that you were predicted to beat anyway, that means your Elo is pretty accurate, and your gain will be minimal.  If you you win when you were expected to lose, look out, you'll be gaining a lot of Elo!

Elo's primary goal is to be an accurate system of skill - Not a progression system.  We've analyzed our databse of players and found that we can very accurately predict who is going to win a match.  It is our opinion that our Elo system is the most accurate measure of skill in Destiny 2.

The first match you play of a playlist, your Elo will start at 1,200. Elo does a soft reset every season as well, where you will not be fully set back to 1,200, but you will be moved back closer to 1,200.

Check out our Elo leaderboards.  For more information, open a discussion on reddit in CruciblePlaybook.  Feel free to leave comments on this thread, we'll try to respond!

Comments

You need to be signed in to comment.

5 days ago

Why has my Elo not been tracking for the past few weeks?

4 weeks ago

huh, didn't know I was a diamond I on gambit until I looked myself up. interesting.

1 month ago

mv55 likes drinking from his own hose 😃

1 month ago

I didnt know we were penalized when we join a match in progress and win/lose. Lost 28 points yesterday and joined almost halfway through the game. kinda messed up

1 month ago

Losing 29 points due to being disconnected from the game, error code or cilent crash is a bit much guys, come on. Especially when rumble wins are like 1-3 points usually.

1 month ago

Git Gud!

1 month ago

StreamOfNath is a smooth brain with smol pp

2 months ago

It does seem a little contradictory to say that ELO is a measure of individual skill while simultaneously stating that "The primary indicator of whether you gain or lose Elo though is if you won or not." If a player enters random matchmaking, is matched with bad teammates and loses, his ELO becomes more a reflection of his luck in matchmaking rather than a reflection of his own skill.

If I may make a recommendation, it would be to significantly lower the effect that winning or losing a team-based match has on individual ELO, except for perhaps in the Trials of Osiris playlist.

3 months ago

I've been grinding out gambit prime for the better part of a week and a half and haven't seen my Prime ELO move up or down once. I'm currently around 1450 and have won roughly 80% of my games including numerous 3/4 stacks so I would expect to be sitting closer to 2000, if not north of 2200.

5 months ago

It frustrates me to average a 1.5 KDa over 10 games mostly being in first or second place, yet lose 253 Elo overall in those same 10 games. Why am I punished for not being good enough to carry my entire team?

6 months ago

Elo should not be affected when joining into a match that is already lost. I was top 500 in iron banner and then I loaded into said games multiple times in a row. I’m not near top 500 anymore.

6 months ago

Why no leaderboard for Gambit Prime?

6 months ago

we need gambit prime Elo leaderboard

6 months ago

Why do you lose elo for joining a Losing game that’s about to end.. totally out of your control.. penalised for nothing..

6 months ago

Look at all of the salty comments about losing Elo when your team loses. Nut up and stop losing games lmao

7 months ago

Do we have a Gambit prime Elo leaderboard?

7 months ago

How do I go from diamond 1 to silver in a day. Wtf? Also how are you going use an elo system that is based off of wins and loses in a team based game. Especially in a game with matchmaking this bad.

7 months ago

any comment on ELO not working any longer?

7 months ago

Elo isn't updating please can you fix?

7 months ago

how often does the elo update mines been the same for a couple days now

8 months ago

Wtf !!!! Pvp comp matchmaking is broken ??? What the problems with pvp comp matchmaking ?

8 months ago

Elo isn't displaying in matches at all, team average is always NaN

8 months ago

Elo ratings arn't updating with the wins or losses

8 months ago

ELO ratings arn't updating

8 months ago

I can’t see my elo rating updates.

9 months ago

I can't see any elo rating for the past 5 days. 😃

9 months ago

ELO ranking is not a true or accurate ranking of Destiny players. If you truly want to rank players then win-loss would never play a part in rank. This system needs to be made to rank based on INDIVIDUAL performance for truly 100% accuracy. Example......25 kills, +2.5 kd, Top Player in game for both teams but I'm on losing team and lose ELO? Can we say broken and false ranking system? Take your data and make a ranking system with simple categories.......Wins, losses, kills, KD.....etc. There should never be a ranking system where team performance dictates a individuals rank.

9 months ago

You claim that your system is the most accurate measure of skill in destiny 2 yet the primary focus is on win rate. This is not the best way to measure skill at all and you really need to re think. Win rate is important don't get me wrong but it is not the be all and end all. You have 0 control over the team you get and matchmaking does not seem to be all that great. Now i do not claim to be amazing in destiny pvp but i am certainly way better than my win rate. I am apparently top 27% for efficiency yet i am bottom 12% for win rate.

9 months ago

Since I started invading in Gambit Prime, my winrate was increased to approx 85%. But at some point I just stopped climbing, because each defeat costs me 10-15 wins. I'm getting from +1 to +5 most of the time, but when I lose it's ALWAYS fom -25 to -70. What winrate do you expect me to have? 99%? Every time I decide to spend half of my day to farm gambit prime, I end up with 80-90% winrate and my elo is LOWER THAN I HAD YESTERDAY. While in other games (even in D2 Survival playlist) climbing is all about winning more than losing, but your system is straightforward punishing me for being good. Fix it.

9 months ago

Why do I sometimes not see any elo gain at all? Like not even 5-7 points? I have like 30 recent matches where no elo is shown and on the games it says elo:nan.

10 months ago

I'll grab a beer with you NeZu ❤️

11 months ago

Is there data available on how the player population is distributed between the tiers?

1 year ago

1 year ago

"If you you win when you were expected to lose, look out, you'll be gaining a lot of Elo!"

You you guys need an editor.

1 year ago

Can you make me top 500 in everything for every game k thanks

1 year ago

Can we grab a beer together?

1 year ago

Let me know if you have any questions!