With a few weeks rest over the Christmas break the Bungie staff has returned to the office and come out swinging by announcing a whole host of changes coming to the game in Season 13. This Season of the Chosen, as per dataminer GinsorKR on Twitter, is set to start on February 9.
One of the biggest changes announced is the tweaking of the Sunsetting rules in regards to certain destinations. So far the community has not kept their feelings about sunsetting hidden with complaint threads popping up constantly on social media about how this simple change has ruined the game for many.
Bungie has taken this feedback to heart and has announced some sweeping changes to the loot from both the Moon and The Dreaming City. Essentially the gear from these destinations will be ‘un-sunset’ and will receive a new max Power cap.
Here is a quick rundown of the notes straight from Justin Dazet, Bungie Area Rewards Lead:
Reissued Dreaming City Reverie Dawn and Moon Dreambane armor.
- These will also drop with high stats when earned in Shattered Throne or Pit of Heresy.
- The final chest in Pit of Heresy will no longer drop a fully Masterworked Dreambane armor piece.
- Instead, the Dreambane armor piece that drops will have 7 armor energy and is guaranteed to drop with at least a +16 in two different stats and higher stats overall.
- Dreambane class items will not drop from this chest.
Reissued 4 weapons for Dreaming City with new Perk Pools.
- Waking Vigil, Sleepless, Vouchsafe, and Retold Tale.
- Dreaming City weapons that drop in the Shattered Throne dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources.
Reissued 4 weapons for the Moon with new Perk Pools.
- Premonition (Pit of Heresy only), Heretic, Blasphemer, and Apostate.
- Weapons that drop in the Pit of Heresy dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources.
Expanding Lost Sector Legend and Master rotation to 4 Moon Sectors.
- K1 Logistics, K1 Communication, K1 Crew Quarters, and K1 Revelation.
As for Bungie’s reasoning behind this change Dazet said the following: “We are making these changes to help preserve the relevancy of the destinations, specifically some of the pinnacle end-game activities that still exist there. To get more specific around the actual experience, activities where re-issues are acquired will be heavily weighted towards rewarding re-issued gear over capped gear -- though the exact weighting and mechanisms may differ.”
It is important to note that Bungie makes no guarantee that all the gear from these destinations will be kept up to date for the entire duration of the destination's lifespan.
The above change to the Moon and Dreaming City was a much requested change since the release of Beyond Light when the gear from these destinations became worthless in endgame content. This in turn made the destinations themselves worthless as there was no reason to visit them after completing the main story content. A shame really since people spent hard earning money on these destinations through the relevant expansions.
Still, it's good to see Bungie isn't too stubborn and has decided to listen to the community feedback. I don't think sunsetting will completely go away no matter how much the community complains but the above change is a step in the right direction towards an equal compromise.